Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays AA

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Barclays AA

Well folks I've gotten my first AA from Barclays.  They slashed my limits from about 25k across 3 cards to 8k across the 3 cards.  No issues with payment history, mounting debt or the like.  My credit aquisition has been agressive though.  I did have about 3200 BT on the Arrival+.  I am closing the Arrival+ and Wyndham cards as they offer no value.  I'll keep the Hawaiian Airlines for now until I can utilize the bonus points then it goes too.  I'm not upset and am not asking for advice.  Just providing information as I've done with the good times.  This is not surprising and I'm pretty much insulated from any negative effects of this AA with my available credit for now.Smiley Wink

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 159
158 REPLIES 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays AA

They probably feel you have too much credit for you to be profitable for them. And that you are a risk for maxing out your cards and bailing.

How long have you owed the BT on the Arrival? Were you stretching it out over the entire 12 months? 

Message 2 of 159
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

UGH!!! Dang 12! Im so sorry to hear this, that stinks!! I don't have anything add because you know whats up anyways. You've been in the game for awhile. So sorry again!! Smiley Sad

The only thing I will add is this...I say this all the time, and a few peeps on here dont believe me, but Barclays hates BT (even though they claim to love them!)!! They may not at first, but dont in the end. Smiley Sad

Thank you for sharing even though it wasnt fun. 

Message 3 of 159
ddemari
Super Contributor

Dang 12!! They really threw it down to u, 25 to 8k. It's a roll of the dice if it's going to happen, but still dang!!!!
Message 4 of 159
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They probably feel you have too much credit for you to be profitable for them. And that you are a risk for maxing out your cards and bailing.

How long have you owed the BT on the Arrival? Were you stretching it out over the entire 12 months? 

Yes I've been stretching it out.  It started with 6k about 4 months ago and is down to 3200.  I'm going to go ahead and BT on to Fidelity Amex which has 0% until June 2017.  We'll chalk that up as a good run with Barclays.  Kinda weired though since they just approved me for Hawaiian Airlines (6k) and Wyndham (3.2K) in last two months.  That may have done it because I did try for another Barclays card (Frontier) which was denied because they said I had sufficient credit.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 5 of 159
12njoy
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

UGH!!! Dang 12! Im so sorry to hear this, that stinks!! I don't have anything add because you know whats up anyways. You've been in the game for awhile. So sorry again!! Smiley Sad

The only thing I will add is this...I say this all the time, and a few peeps on here dont believe me, but Barclays hates BT (even though they claim to love them!)!! They may not at first, but dont in the end. Smiley Sad

Thank you for sharing even though it wasnt fun. 

Thanks pizza, it's no biggie.  I had a good run with Barclays.  Fortunately (after the fact) I didn't have a lot of credit with them.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 6 of 159
12njoy
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
Dang 12!! They really threw it down to u, 25 to 8k. It's a roll of the dice if it's going to happen, but still dang!!!!

For sure.  They diced it 2/3rd on me Smiley LOL

___________ 12Njoy
Message 7 of 159
12njoy
Super Contributor

I think I'm just going to close everything with them now that I think about it.  I don't want them to close my accounts and have that comment on my reports.  I'll lose out on the Hawaiian Airlines but I still have Alaska Airliines.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 8 of 159
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear 12njoy!  When they AA me I went from $22k total exposure to $2900.  I also had been taking advantage of a BT offer they so frequently mailed to me.  I'm glad you have alternatives.

Message 9 of 159
ddemari
Super Contributor

I know a lot of people have no problems with Barclays and balance transfers. But for some people like me, when AA did happen last year and it was on a card that I was paying off a 0 percent balance transfer and the balance wasn't even more than 25 limit of the card ever, it definitely resignated me that Barclays, chronic apping and balance transfers spike the red flag in them.
Message 10 of 159
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.