Did you mean: 

Barclays AA

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays AA

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just think given the substantial number of people who have had problems with Barclay's after doing a balance transfer that is is best and wisest not to poke the bear. Smiley Happy

They did balance transfers greater than 60% of limit.  Smiley Wink. Might be a computer algorithm that doesn't understand the balance reporting on another card has already been transferred.  However, I do not have problems with Discover, nor Chase.  My time may come, but it is not yet.

That's not the case in my situation.   I did a balance transfer of almost 6k when my limit was 15k.  That was about 4 months ago and the BT was down to $3200 at time of CLD.  

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 151 of 159
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just think given the substantial number of people who have had problems with Barclay's after doing a balance transfer that is is best and wisest not to poke the bear. Smiley Happy

They did balance transfers greater than 60% of limit.  Smiley Wink. Might be a computer algorithm that doesn't understand the balance reporting on another card has already been transferred.  However, I do not have problems with Discover, nor Chase.  My time may come, but it is not yet.

That's not the case in my situation.   I did a balance transfer of almost 6k when my limit was 15k.  That was about 4 months ago and the BT was down to $3200 at time of CLD.  

Well, that sucked.  Guess they don't like 40%.  I believe they don't like large total exposure, baller did do a large transfer, and had high limits.  Who knows, I could be next.  Profile?  Maybe when you talk today, get an answer.

Signature needs updating
Message 152 of 159
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, that sucked.  Guess they don't like 40%.  I believe they don't like large total exposure, baller did do a large transfer, and had high limits.  Who knows, I could be next.  Profile?  Maybe when you talk today, get an answer.

One will probably really never know with Barclays.  I have no idea what there is to discuss other than giving me my nearly $700 credit back.  I had payments already scheduled when I paid the balances off and didn't realize it so that's how I got credits.Smiley Frustrated

___________ 12Njoy
Message 153 of 159
12njoy
Super Contributor

It's official.  We're divorced.  I called to make sure my $700 was forthcoming and they said it was requested yesterday and would take 7-10 days.  I didn't ask them to reconsider closing/slashing my limits as it was obvious why they did it.  Whether I agree or not, what's done is done.  This chapter is closed.  Smiley Tongue

___________ 12Njoy
Message 154 of 159
baller4life
Super Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

It's official.  We're divorced.  I called to make sure my $700 was forthcoming and they said it was requested yesterday and would take 7-10 days.  I didn't ask them to reconsider closing/slashing my limits as it was obvious why they did it.  Whether I agree or not, what's done is done.  This chapter is closed.  Smiley Tongue

Good for you 12! Sometimes we just have to throw up deuces!✌Peace out Sir Barclays!

Message 155 of 159
12njoy
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Good for you 12! Sometimes we just have to throw up deuces!✌Peace out Sir Barclays!

Fa sho!  There were there when I most needed them (in the beginning).  Now not so much, but then again I don't really need them now.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 156 of 159
12njoy
Super Contributor

Got my letter from Barclays today.  Basically too many open revolving accounts and inquiries.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 157 of 159
taxi818
Super Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

Got my letter from Barclays today.  Basically too many open revolving accounts and inquiries.

The good thing out of all this. for me is. You can have a zillion and not worry until you have a zillion plus 1. Smiley Very Happy I just don't use em much. So i don't fear them. Im too chickened to even ask for cli from them as they always want hp. forget it. Barclays can take a long walk as far as im concerned. Did you close it? or did they close it? or just accepted the cld and moved on?

Message 158 of 159
12njoy
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

The good thing out of all this. for me is. You can have a zillion and not worry until you have a zillion plus 1. Smiley Very Happy I just don't use em much. So i don't fear them. Im too chickened to even ask for cli from them as they always want hp. forget it. Barclays can take a long walk as far as im concerned. Did you close it? or did they close it? or just accepted the cld and moved on?

I closed all 3 accounts.   Checks in the mail for credit balances.  That's all folks.   They have fulfilled their purpose.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 159 of 159
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.