Did you mean: 

Barclays AA

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays AA

@ redpat,

My apologies

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 81 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Definitely not trying to push advice. I've just never had a clear understanding of the whole "closed by borrower beats closed by lender" debate.

I have to agree. There are several voodoo mottos going around about credit. The difference between who closed the card? is one of them. And I don't think it makes any difference at all.

Thanks for your info I have two questions if you don't mind. When your accounts were closed with a balamce reporting did they slash your limit to the amout you owed or did it list closed with original limit? Do they update the balance on the account like it was opened or does it show balance at closure?

I have no closed accounts, so have no first-hand experience.

Sorry for the confusion, That was directed towards NRB525. They stated that they had cards closed with balances.

Message 82 of 159
willwar14
Valued Contributor

I haven't read this entirely yet, but have you called Barclay's And demanded that they reinstate the credit lines or you will close the accounts (not saying you will but just to say on the phone)
CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 83 of 159
12njoy
Super Contributor

@willwar14 wrote:
I haven't read this entirely yet, but have you called Barclay's And demanded that they reinstate the credit lines or you will close the accounts (not saying you will but just to say on the phone)

I have not called them to demand they reinstate.  I've been teetering on CLD for sometime now.  I'd rather just close the 3 cards.  two were just opened and the Arrival+ has been opened for about 2 years.  I have way too much new credit and don't want to have to worry about Barclays ever again Smiley LOL

___________ 12Njoy
Message 84 of 159
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Why not call? The worst they can say is no and bugger off.. Sorry to hear 12, you have been on fire!!
CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 85 of 159
redpat
Senior Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@ redpat,

My apologies

No apologies  needed. 

Its a free for all forum......With banter back and forth.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 86 of 159
12njoy
Super Contributor

@willwar14 wrote:
Why not call? The worst they can say is no and bugger off.. Sorry to hear 12, you have been on fire!!

I'd rather not beg them when, as redpat said, I have so many other choices.  This will make the 2nd lender that I've chose not to pursue after negative action.  The first was Chase last year Smiley LOL  Some may remember that horrid experience that I just gave up.  Chase has since made up for it with me.  It is surprising that Barclays let me go this long.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 87 of 159
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@willwar14 wrote:

demanded?  But if 12njoy is ok with not poking the bear, that just doesn't seem like a step in the right direction.  I would suppose it would depend whether 12njoy felt it was worth the efforts and dealing with their portfolio risk review team (which is higher in ranking than the UW team).  But, IMO, not worth it.  All they'll do again is SP, look at more recent inquiries (or newish accounts) and the decision will still stand.  While I can't speak for 12njoy, but once you get into the level of tradelines that he has, it's really no big deal in the end.

Message 88 of 159
12njoy
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@willwar14 wrote:

demanded?  But if 12njoy is ok with not poking the bear, that just doesn't seem like a step in the right direction.  I would suppose it would depend whether 12njoy felt it was worth the efforts and dealing with thier portfolio risk review team (which is higher in ranking than the UW team).  But, IMO, not worth it.  All they'll do again is SP, look at more recent inquiries (or newish accounts) and the decision will still stad.  While I can't speak for 12njoy, but once you get into the level of tradelines that he has, it's really no big deal in the end.

I have to agree.  It's just not worth the headache.  I wish Barclays well in their future endeavors.  Smiley LOL

___________ 12Njoy
Message 89 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@willwar14 wrote:

demanded?  But if 12njoy is ok with not poking the bear, that just doesn't seem like a step in the right direction.  I would suppose it would depend whether 12njoy felt it was worth the efforts and dealing with their portfolio risk review team (which is higher in ranking than the UW team).  But, IMO, not worth it.  All they'll do again is SP, look at more recent inquiries (or newish accounts) and the decision will still stand.  While I can't speak for 12njoy, but once you get into the level of tradelines that he has, it's really no big deal in the end.

Yes, then even if they do overturn it this may just happen again down the road do to op's profile, unless they change what their system will flag for AA. 12njoy should not have to change credit goals and patterns for one lender nor should a lender change their risk assessment criteria for one client.

Message 90 of 159
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.