Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays AF refund..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays AF refund..

We closed an AF account a month after it posted. The CSR said we would get a refund. How long does it usually take? I feel like it's been over two weeks since I closed the account!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays AF refund..

Chase took about 2 weeks to refund me a few hundred dollars Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not like I need the money but im wondering if the account was actually closed, LOL. I just got a BT check from them but it was dated right before I closed it.
Message 3 of 10
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It's not like I need the money but im wondering if the account was actually closed, LOL. I just got a BT check from them but it was dated right before I closed it.

I wouldn't worry too much - those kinds of letters always seem to cross in the mail for me when I close things or pay them. Please update when you receive your refund, though!

Message 4 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

It shouldn't be too much longer. Sometimes the lenders tend to drag their feet a little when it comes to sending money out.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will update!!! No worries!
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

First they have to make interest off the money they are holding from you. Only then will you recieve a refund.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still no refund and its not even showing the account was closed...
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news! We finally called and I guess they needed to verify the address. Wondering how long they were going to keep the money if I didn't call!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Good news! We finally called and I guess they needed to verify the address. Wondering how long they were going to keep the money if I didn't call!

It's always something, right? Thanks for updating us.Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.