allthememories

Barclays Account Closing With A Question

I have a Barclays Financing Card with a 1400 limit. They sent me a balance transfer offer and the account has a 1200 dollar balance. I went on a bit of an app spree the other night (3 apps) including a different Barclays card. I have been reading about Barclays closing accounts with a lot of app activity and am wondering if that were to happen what would happen to my outstanding balance?

Thanks for your time!
Super Contributor
longtimelurker

Re: Barclays Account Closing With A Question

You then have to pay off the balance under the same conditions as now (APR, minimum etc).  However, your CL no longer exists, so this is generally bad for your utilization.

CSP, Freedom, Chase Amazon, Cap One QS (x2), Penfed Plat Rewards (x2), Citi Double Cash, Citi Dividend, Citi AA Plat Select, Citi Forward, Amex BCE, Amalgamated Bank, Sallie Mae, Cash Plus, Fid Amex
Scores May 14: EQ 848, EX 833, TU 848 (Sep)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}