cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Apple Card CLI - i Want Rewards MC

tag

Barclays Apple Card CLI - i Want Rewards MC

Hello

I would like to apply for a 2nd Barclays card (Barclays Rewards Card for average credit) BUT....I'm not sure if I should wait another 6 months after recent CLI on Apple card

I really don't want to PC because I always buy Apple products

I was approved for the Apple financing card in December 2013 with a $2000. limit I used it regulaly and paid more then the minimum every month.

Fast forward 8 months to August 2014 since I didnt recieve an auto cli I called Barclays and asked for cli it resulted in hard pull to my transunion. I was approved for 

$1,500. cli new line is $3,500. Smiley Happy 

My current transunion is score is 640 and my current utlization is 40% 

Thanks

I've learned a great deal reading the forums...Thanks

Bernard

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclays Apple Card CLI - i Want Rewards MC

Are you sure you don't want to PC? You only get the 0% financing on the Apple card in the first 30 days of being approved for the card so after the initial purchase it really does nothing for you.

I'd PC to the Rewards card if that's what you want.

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 2 of 22
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@OHWWCB wrote:
Are you sure you don't want to PC? You only get the 0% financing on the Apple card in the first 30 days of being approved for the card so after the initial purchase it really does nothing for you.

I'd PC to the Rewards card if that's what you want.

I have bought 3 products at 0% using the card over a period of 4 years.

OP you can simply call them and most of the time they put you on promotional interest rate.

Message 3 of 22
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

Oh that's good to know. Everyone was saying it was only the initial purchase and I was thinking, what a crap card then!

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 4 of 22

That's good news!!! and the main reason that I want to keep the Apple card!! But is it too soon to app for Barclays Reward Card?

Message 5 of 22
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Yes.. One time it took me three calls to get the promotion but they'll do it.

Message 6 of 22
ddemari
Super Contributor

Do you have anything negative on your report? how many inquires?

Message 7 of 22

I had a a bancruptcy discharged on 9/2011 with 100% on time payments since

Message 8 of 22

was 12 now 13 inquires after Barclays hard pull on transunion on 8/4/2014

@Bfrazierimages wrote:

I had a a bancruptcy discharged on 9/2011 with 100% on time payments since

Message 9 of 22
ddemari
Super Contributor

I want to ask for a cli on my apple visa. My TU score is 650, dropped a little bit when bankruptcy feel off last month. I do a collection from 2008 on my report and a charge off from 2010. Utilization is 3%. Does anyone know how barclays views inquires from the credit report. I have 11 inquires on my TU Fico report but under the section understanding your score, it says I have 6 inquires this year. 

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.