Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Apple Card

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Barclays Apple Card

Score needed for the Apple card with a good CL? I have a Barclays card now for 1.3 years. TU FICO: 781. Ulti 2%. I want $5.000 or better as I'm going to spend around $1.600 and want to keep the card ulti low.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Apple Card

I've heard their Apple card is one of the easier ones to be approved for. With your scores you shouldn't have a problem getting the limit you want, as long as your income supports it. If they start you low just call and recon the SL. Good luck!

Message 2 of 8
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Your Fico score is well beyond what's needed for approval, but score is only one part. How many inquiries and new accounts do you have? If your good in that area you should be good for approval.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should get a good CL, however I don't think this card is known for its high CL's. Perhaps someone who was granted a higher CL can comment. I began with 2k with my Chapter 13 still showing. This year I was suruprised with a 1500 CLI. (No bankruptcy showing, if that matters.)

Message 4 of 8
Berk
Established Contributor

I think I was at 7.5K starting limit. Got it up to 10K with CLI. Then I found out that not every Apple purchase was financed and Barclays claimed that Apple was the one who determined what and when an item was financed. So, for me it was basically a one shot deal to finance an iPad. After that I closed the card and moved my TL over to my L.L. Bean Visa.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Berk wrote:

I think I was at 7.5K starting limit. Got it up to 10K with CLI. Then I found out that not every Apple purchase was financed and Barclays claimed that Apple was the one who determined what and when an item was financed. So, for me it was basically a one shot deal to finance an iPad. After that I closed the card and moved my TL over to my L.L. Bean Visa.

The key is only the Apple purchases online and in store the first 30 days fall under the original promo (Barclay lied about who set the terms) I've gotten other offers directly from Barclay to use the promo again and so has my DH...Only thing that points to Apple is the where the promo is valid section lol. I've witnessed people call Barclay up though once the promo is gone and get the promo again. 

The card is golden if you just use it at Apple and request the promo before you use it. 

Message 6 of 8
Berk
Established Contributor

@tamaralig wrote:

@Berk wrote:

The key is only the Apple purchases online and in store the first 30 days fall under the original promo (Barclay lied about who set the terms) I've gotten other offers directly from Barclay to use the promo again and so has my DH...Only thing that points to Apple is the where the promo is valid section lol. I've witnessed people call Barclay up though once the promo is gone and get the promo again. 

The card is golden if you just use it at Apple and request the promo before you use it. 

That's exactly what I did about 18 months later (this time for a new iPhone) and was told by Barclay CSR that they couldn't give me the promo - only Apple could and suggested I call Apple who, naturally, promptly told me that there were no active promos on the card that they knew about since I was outside the 30 days and that I should contact Barclays - so I did and I cancelled the card and moved the TL.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think you'll have a problem at at with your score.  I have one also.  It was an easy approval.  I had the card and noticed they were having a promo for 12 months same as cash again.  Which is normally for ppl who just open a new card.  I called and asked if they would do the same for me since I opened my card with this offer and pif.  Barclay said they would let me do another promo for a new laptop.  Go for it.  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.