Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Apple Denied....recon help UPDATE

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays Apple Denied....recon help

@IWOL wrote:
Lack of banking relationship- this one is strange......does this mean I should have a bank account with Barclays.

Pretty irregular denial.  "Lack," as in with Barclays?  Or, in general?

Message 11 of 17
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's crazy. Hope the recon goes well, keep us updated!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 12 of 17
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I'd be beyond shocked if you were denied on recon.  Good luck.

Message 13 of 17
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@IWOL wrote:
Lack of banking relationship- this one is strange......does this mean I should have a bank account with Barclays.

Pretty irregular denial.  "Lack," as in with Barclays?  Or, in general?

I am thinking he needs to get Juniper account ... I have that and it seems to be easy for me to get Apple Visa.

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 14 of 17
IWOL
Established Contributor

Bump....I updated my post, but it didnt bump the thread.

Message 15 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Sorry about the denial. I knew they were sensitive to new accounts/inq's after the account is opened (the dreaded AAOA) it appears that they are wary of too many new accounts and inq's in the past 12 mos.
Message 16 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclays Apple Denied....recon help UPDATE

@IWOL wrote:
So I applied for the Barcleys Apple last week. I was planning to purchase a Mac Air and thought I would take advantage of the 0% interest offer.

My Fico TU is 683.....I guess they use the same TU version as My Fico cause letter shows exact same score. Utilization is at 23%, AAoA is 3.9 years, 2 inquiries on TU. Income is 95k

I was really surprised to get declined. Received the decline letter today and it gave the following reasons for denial:

Low access to credit - don't get this one, Util is 23% and my total CL,s are 33,650.....so 25k available credit
High Debt Obligation - total debt showing 8k credit cards and 25k on auto loan. I've just recently started to figure out when each card reports to CB,s so next month should show under 9% Util.

I will call to recon on Monday.. Any suggestions in regards to denial reasons?

UPDATE: Called Barclays,s to recon this morning and I was denied. The CSR asked a lot of questions about my report......why I was carrying a blance on 3 cards( had 3 balances reporting out of 9 cards) 23% overall Util. Also asked about my paid First Premier charge off from 2008 my only baddie. Anyways she put me on hold and came back and said they are declining my app for too many new accounts(opened Amazon, Macy's and Lowes) in the last 4 months and too many recent inquiries( 3 on my TU)

I'm not that disappointed as I don't really need the credit, just wanted to take advantage of the no interest financing on a Mac Book Air I was planning to buy.

The CSR never mentioned during the call that they would be doing another hard pull but I got an alert soon after from Experian monitoring that I had a hard pull from Barcley,s. Now the decline makes more sense because I had only 3 inquiries on TU but I had 12 on Experian from car shopping and a few other apps. I'm pissed that they did not inform me that they were going to do another hard pull on Experian, I would have declined to do the recon if I knew that. Do I have any grounds to ask them to remove the hard pull on EX since I was not informed that they would be doing it?

I'm going into the garden now and won't be apping again for a while till my reports are clean in 2015.....

Unfortunately not, you were applying for new credit and the ycan pull one, two, or all three reports to make a decision on it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.