Barclays Apple Financing Visa?

tag
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclays Apple Financing Visa?

@chalupaman wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

And kinda off topic, but does anyone know what credit scores one needs to qualify for AT&T Next?

AT&T is odd.  I switched to them last year (never had them before), I think they pulled Equifax which was clean.  The new accts person on the phone said she was showing me with a charged off acct, but refused to give any details.  Five minutes later she said the "glitch" (as she put it) was resolved and went ahead to open an acct.  She said for new accts they just look for nothing in open collections or unresolved charge-offs.  I never heard anything beyond that so always wondered where this information was coming from.  Anyways, I would assume they look for similar criteria for approving Next.  Not sure if they do another hard pull for existing customers or not.

I'm planning to put my iPhone purchase on my Paypal/BML acct.  Similar financing options and it's hidden TL Smiley Happy

Oh nice. Does BML pull Equifax and how much credit history do they usually look for now that Comenity backs them? I'm hoping that they are still a hidden tradeline despite WebBank not backing it anymore. In that case, I'd probably get it for this purpose and I really love how if I trade in my current iPhone I can get a 175 dollar credit too. My other plan would be to just put the purchase on either my Amex ED card, Delta card which has no balance as of now, or Chase cards and then pay it off overtime.

$175?  For which iPhone?

I've got a 64 GB 5s that is selling for $450-$500 on EBay.  I for sure won't be taking any trade-in offers.  I'll sell it on EBay and essentially upgrade to the 6 for free.

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 11 of 18
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@TRC_WA wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

And kinda off topic, but does anyone know what credit scores one needs to qualify for AT&T Next?

AT&T is odd.  I switched to them last year (never had them before), I think they pulled Equifax which was clean.  The new accts person on the phone said she was showing me with a charged off acct, but refused to give any details.  Five minutes later she said the "glitch" (as she put it) was resolved and went ahead to open an acct.  She said for new accts they just look for nothing in open collections or unresolved charge-offs.  I never heard anything beyond that so always wondered where this information was coming from.  Anyways, I would assume they look for similar criteria for approving Next.  Not sure if they do another hard pull for existing customers or not.

I'm planning to put my iPhone purchase on my Paypal/BML acct.  Similar financing options and it's hidden TL Smiley Happy

Oh nice. Does BML pull Equifax and how much credit history do they usually look for now that Comenity backs them? I'm hoping that they are still a hidden tradeline despite WebBank not backing it anymore. In that case, I'd probably get it for this purpose and I really love how if I trade in my current iPhone I can get a 175 dollar credit too. My other plan would be to just put the purchase on either my Amex ED card, Delta card which has no balance as of now, or Chase cards and then pay it off overtime.

$175?  For which iPhone?

I've got a 64 GB 5s that is selling for $450-$500 on EBay.  I for sure won't be taking any trade-in offers.  I'll sell it on EBay and essentially upgrade to the 6 for free.

+1

Trade in offers are ridiculous rip-offs. 

Message 12 of 18
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

$175?  For which iPhone?

I have a 16 GB iPhone 5c. Still in pretty good condition. Found that on Apple's website about the credit. I have no experience selling anything on eBay before though.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 13 of 18
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Thankfully BML did pull EQ, but denied for too many inquiries pretty much. Think selling my iPhone will be best.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 14 of 18
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Oh wow I'm sorry. How many inq do you have on EQ?
Message 15 of 18
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Oh wow I'm sorry. How many inq do you have on EQ?

It's alright. I think by December, I'll be good for apping again on that CB assuming that they just looked at my # of inquiries in the last six months. Time to garden once again.

Message 16 of 18
taxi818
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

Well I signed up for next back in June. At the time. Got 5s as my phone was. Broken.  They ran my Equifax but told me it would be soft pull. Score at time. Was. Eq 681. Signed up for ne5xt. Can change every 12 months. But. I only had 5s  3 months. Will have to wait now. Smiley Sad

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a few bumps along the credit path. A BK back in 2008 & no real credit to speak of until late 2013 when I got approved for a subprime car loan.Smiley Sad

However, I really needed a car. Smiley Happy

Anyway, since then I've gotten two cap one cards. Platinum & QSOne w/ $300 limits, both in credit steps. No delinquent payments on anything and I PIF on both each month.I just got approved today for a walmart CC and I figured why not give it a shot. Current scores at EQ:634 TU:661 EX: 648

When I clicked the submit button my heart kinda skipped a beat, but I got approved for $2000 immediately. The mac I really wanted was $2300 so I called the recon line and asked for a CLI of just $500. The rep, who was EXTREMELY polite and considerate (even complimented me on my recent credit improvements Smiley Happy ) asked me a couple of questions about my residence, job, income & situation regarding my BK. She was even nice enough to pull a soft copy of my CR to double check things so I wouldn't get another INQ Smiley HappySmiley Happy

She said she'd be more than happy to increase my limit to $2500 so I can get the mac I wanted and it would be effective within the next 10 minutes!!

From what I've read in the forums YMMV but it worked out well for me!

Hope all goes well!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.