Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Apple Rewards CLI?

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Barclays Apple Rewards CLI?

I have a Barclaycard Apple Rewards Visa with $4,000 credit limit right now. On my first barclaycard card (NFL visa), I had an auto increase of 4x the limit right at 6 months. My apple visa should be about 6 months in 30 days and was curious if i should possibly expect the same behavior from them on this card too? anybody have any experience with auto credit limit increases from barclaycard around 6 month mark? 

I know i can request one, but I'm avoiding hard pulls so its natural bank love or nothing at all...until December anyway.. anybody have any thoughts?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclays Apple Rewards CLI?

I just hit my 6th statement cut and got my increase right after midnight when it closed. Keep us posted if you get another on this card.
Message 2 of 21
taxi818
Super Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

I have a Barclaycard Apple Rewards Visa with $4,000 credit limit right now. On my first barclaycard card (NFL visa), I had an auto increase of 4x the limit right at 6 months. My apple visa should be about 6 months in 30 days and was curious if i should possibly expect the same behavior from them on this card too? anybody have any experience with auto credit limit increases from barclaycard around 6 month mark? 

I know i can request one, but I'm avoiding hard pulls so its natural bank love or nothing at all...until December anyway.. anybody have any thoughts?

No. Don't expect the sa,e. They may give you increase. Might not. I've had mine almost 2 years. They stop increasing after I got other cards.  5.5k it's been there for at least a year. 

Message 3 of 21
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

On my first barclaycard card (NFL visa), I had an auto increase of 4x the limit right at 6 months. My apple visa should be about 6 months in 30 days and was curious if i should possibly expect the same behavior from them on this card too?

With any creditor you can't just assume that you'll get the same CLI.  CLI is determined based on what your credit profile and income qualify for at time of consideration.  Your credit profile isn't the same after the first CLI and there are possible other changes as well.

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Hard pulls are a small factor.  They can have a bigger impact for those with thin profiles and/or profile in poor shape but in such cases the HP's aren't the real problem.  If you're seeing big impact from a hard pull then you have bigger issues that you need to address.

Also see if requsting an APR reduction works on this card like it does with other Barclaycard products.

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 6th statement cut earlier last week....no CLI...hit the CLI increase button and got a 7 to 10 day message Smiley Sad I used it with an initial $2k to finance a new iMac with 0% interest...I know they once told me they like to see bigger payments the last time someone called me back after requesting a CLI from Barclay

Message 5 of 21
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@krisssmmm wrote:
I just hit my 6th statement cut and got my increase right after midnight when it closed. Keep us posted if you get another on this card.

will do. its creeping around the corner...

Message 6 of 21
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

No. Don't expect the sa,e. They may give you increase. Might not. I've had mine almost 2 years. They stop increasing after I got other cards.  5.5k it's been there for at least a year. 

it is odd its been 2 years and no change for you. i'm pretty sure you'd be granted one if requested, they probably just like operating in a way that puts the burden on us to ask for it than them giving it away, it is what it is. they're a bank, they do what they want. if i do get a random increase, i'll toss some positive vibes your way

Message 7 of 21
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

On my first barclaycard card (NFL visa), I had an auto increase of 4x the limit right at 6 months. My apple visa should be about 6 months in 30 days and was curious if i should possibly expect the same behavior from them on this card too?

With any creditor you can't just assume that you'll get the same CLI.  CLI is determined based on what your credit profile and income qualify for at time of consideration.  Your credit profile isn't the same after the first CLI and there are possible other changes as well.

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Hard pulls are a small factor.  They can have a bigger impact for those with thin profiles and/or profile in poor shape but in such cases the HP's aren't the real problem.  If you're seeing big impact from a hard pull then you have bigger issues that you need to address.

Also see if requsting an APR reduction works on this card like it does with other Barclaycard products.

great info! thanks for the feedback.

Message 8 of 21
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@tamaralig wrote:

My 6th statement cut earlier last week....no CLI...hit the CLI increase button and got a 7 to 10 day message Smiley Sad I used it with an initial $2k to finance a new iMac with 0% interest...I know they once told me they like to see bigger payments the last time someone called me back after requesting a CLI from Barclay

I've heard similar. I've learned they can be sensitive towards lingering balances. charging a high amount is encouraged by them - they'll even say "if you're at 90% or below the limit, you're in a good spot" !!!! but what they also like is a pattern of large buys, and reasonable payoff times, like 2 months. more than 2 months to pay off a large charge and they slowly pull away from your fan club. they've been good to me, but they do make you earn it a bit more than other banks. 

i specifically got this card to put my macbook pro and iphone 6s on it, but paid it off in 60 days. i regularly charge apple stuff (downloads) with it so it get a bit of use, but its only used for apple stuff. i figure if i'm charging, they wont care, but might help the chances. hopefully your 7-10 is the increase you wanted, but every 7-10 day i've gotten from them was a denial. 

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm already banking on it being a denial Smiley Sad sadly that's what I've come to expect from them nothing more, With that high APR you're right to use it only for special financing through Apple. That's all it's good for and padding tbh. I don't see myself really whipping it out anywhere else. I'm going to take my time and love the 14 months I have left to make small payments lol it's wayyyy more than the minimum though since I can't stand to see the utilization on that single card above 30%

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.