cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Apple financing visa recon success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Apple financing visa recon success!

I really should be in gardening mode, but I read that a new Apple Macbook Pro was coming out in early June.  So I applied for the Barclays card online, and was declined.  Called the recon number right away, and a nice man went over the application with me.  He wasn't too worried about my 2 baddies, but more of the recent inquiries.  I told I was trying to rebuild credit fast.  He put me on hold for 3-5 minutes, and asked if I could fax in my paycheck stubs.  I did so right away.  He told me it would take up to 2 business days to do the recon.  I checked online 2 hours after faxing, and I found that I was approved for what I asked for.  3.5k.  I'm happy, but damn, I should have asked for more. 

Barclays recon works!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays Apple financing visa recon success!

What is your current scores? and baddies. I am just wondering if being an AU on those good acconts helped you with your current amex. I plan on doing the same for a family member. 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty sure being an AU on prime cards helps.  How much it helps remains unknown.  My (real) fico score is 665, with fako's between 620 and 680.  I've got an unpaid collection from 2007 for $1700 reporting on all three bureaus, and a paid collection that still reports.  Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 11
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

sweet. thanks for the info and also, congrats! I forgot to say that Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
Brusilov
Established Contributor

They were my first real recon and they were a pleasure to deal with.  Congrats on the nice limit!  

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vonmann,

May I ask what limit they started you with?  And what were your scores when you applied?

thanks,

Message 6 of 11
Brusilov
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Vonmann,

May I ask what limit they started you with?  And what were your scores when you applied?

thanks,

Absolutely.  TU was 684 and they started me off with a limit of $2500.

Message 7 of 11
negg
Frequent Contributor

I was recently approved for an apple/Barclay cc. Bought an iPad thru website and was instantly approved for $1200. Plan to pay off in 90 days..wait 6 months and ask for cli to purchase a Mac pro... Question.... My fako exp is 656, the even more fako CK(tu) 720. Atm I have 2 cc(750 & 300), 25% utilz with Barclay card(2250 total credit). So I ask, what kind of credit score increase I can expect when the Barclay card hits my report in June. Btw. It's been 3 weeks and I don't see a HP on my exp for the Barclays card. Thanks, Aloha
CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 8 of 11
beb86
Valued Contributor

I dont think the do auto approvals I reconed and was approved for $1000 I should have asked for more

Message 9 of 11
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

@negg wrote:
I was recently approved for an apple/Barclay cc. Bought an iPad thru website and was instantly approved for $1200. Plan to pay off in 90 days..wait 6 months and ask for cli to purchase a Mac pro... Question.... My fako exp is 656, the even more fako CK(tu) 720. Atm I have 2 cc(750 & 300), 25% utilz with Barclay card(2250 total credit). So I ask, what kind of credit score increase I can expect when the Barclay card hits my report in June. Btw. It's been 3 weeks and I don't see a HP on my exp for the Barclays card. Thanks, Aloha

Barclay usually pulls TU

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.