Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Apple

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Apple

I dont get it...Fico Score from Barclays (they pulled TU) 719 and denied.  no baddies average 3-5 yrs cc history and they say only 8 months of cc???

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays Apple

Maybe it was a mistake by their computers. Call the recon line and ask a rep to go over your CR with you and see if they can approve you that way.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did call..called the backdoor number listed here on the forum.  He said lack of credit history??? i thought the amex I am using now (AU on my Dads gold) was reporting, but apparently not yet.  That had 25 years +.   My other cards are less than a year old.   I should of checked first.  Grrr..waste of an inquiry.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's probably it.  Barclay's likes some history, 18-24 months IIRC.  It'll be interesting to know if the Amex AU is not yet reporting or if Barclay's is not counting AU's.

Message 4 of 15
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did call..called the backdoor number listed here on the forum.  He said lack of credit history??? i thought the amex I am using now (AU on my Dads gold) was reporting, but apparently not yet.  That had 25 years +.   My other cards are less than a year old.   I should of checked first.  Grrr..waste of an inquiry.

I was in nearly the exact same situation with Discover and Chase. Even though I'm an AU on a bunch of my parent's accounts (cards dating back to the 80s), MY actual cards are less than a year old, and they both said they want at least a year of solid history before they could approve me. My TU FICO is 713.

But Chase especially was very nice when I called for recon; the lady told me I was doing everything right and keep it up, but my accounts just weren't old enough yet. She said everything short of "if your accounts were a year old, we would give you a card right now."

Photobucket
Message 5 of 15
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

Also, the Gold does not have a CL, so that may be a factor too.

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's probably it.  Barclay's likes some history, 18-24 months IIRC.  It'll be interesting to know if the Amex AU is not yet reporting or if Barclay's is not counting AU's.

well, from what i have been reading on the threads here about Amex...Amex reports AU, as responsible account holder.  The cards assigned to the AU have different card numbers from the account holder and that cards reports the SS# of the AU.  So in other words, it would report as my card but with my father's original date of opening the card.  Im not certain of this, but it does make sense since my card is a different number.  Then again, its prob not the case. 

Message 7 of 15
Teasha
Regular Contributor

I just applied for the apple card and got:

We regret that we're unable to approve you for a credit card account due to the following reason(s):
In order for us to proceed with your application we need you to provide additional information. A letter requesting additional information has been sent to you via the mail. If we do not receive the information from you within 30 days of the date of that letter, your application will be considered withdrawn.
For assistance with any other questions regarding this letter, please contact us at:
Card Services
P.O. Box 8828
Wilmington, DE 19899-8828
Sincerely,

Card Services

What should I do next? What kind of info will they need. Am really needing some advise. Would love to get an approval, they pulled my TU score and it's 782. But am only an AU on that account. This would make my second enquiry and I have 10+ year history with a closed in good standing car loan from 2003.

Can wait to hear your thoughts.

Starting Score: 0 No score until August 2011
Current Score: 11/17/22 EQ Fico 821, 4/28/22 TU Fico 828, 4/28/22 EX fico 811
Goal Score: 800
My wallet: Capital 1 Venture $13,000 | Amex BCP $22,000 | Amex BSE $8200 | Discover it $23,500 | Discover $7, 000 | Lowe's $15,000 | DCU $2,000 | CITI TYP $14,000 | CITI Simplicity $8,100 | Amazon Chase $14,400 | DCU Visa $2000 | Barclay's $4,550
Back in the garden!
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 15
Skinnyminnie
Regular Contributor

I've never dealt with Barclays but hopefully they just need to verify some information.  Give em a call and ask them.  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Teasha wrote:
I just applied for the apple card and got:

We regret that we're unable to approve you for a credit card account due to the following reason(s):
In order for us to proceed with your application we need you to provide additional information. A letter requesting additional information has been sent to you via the mail. If we do not receive the information from you within 30 days of the date of that letter, your application will be considered withdrawn.
For assistance with any other questions regarding this letter, please contact us at:
Card Services
P.O. Box 8828
Wilmington, DE 19899-8828
Sincerely,

Card Services

What should I do next? What kind of info will they need. Am really needing some advise. Would love to get an approval, they pulled my TU score and it's 782. But am only an AU on that account. This would make my second enquiry and I have 10+ year history with a closed in good standing car loan from 2003.

Can wait to hear your thoughts.

My only advice is to give them a call like the message you received. They will need to verify some basic questions such as social, addy, etc and then can give you a decision over the phone. Barclays reps are usually friendly and easy to talk to. Good luck.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.