Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Approval question

tag
william23
Regular Contributor

Barclays Approval question

Its been a year since my wife filed bk ch 7, she applied for barclays and after reconsideration she was approved for 1200.00 heres my question we were going to buy a mac but changed our minds. If we use the card to buy a different computer at tigerdirect.com will the close our account? What do you guys suggest? Can they maybe switch the card?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclays Approval question

Hopefully someone else will chime in, but I don't think it should matter.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 9
william23
Regular Contributor

Thank you!

Message 3 of 9
william23
Regular Contributor

I just called and they said that I can only use the card at apple......  is that true???? Card has a visa logo on it... I am just so confused I just dont want them to close my account cuz I bought a computer somewhere else....

Message 4 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

You can only get the 0% offer on Apple products for now is what they mean I believe. Use it anywhere else and you pay your standard apr. Ive also read here though that they do offer bt options/checks after having tje acct a year or two. Someone chime in if I am wrongz
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@william23 wrote:

Its been a year since my wife filed bk ch 7, she applied for barclays and after reconsideration she was approved for 1200.00 heres my question we were going to buy a mac but changed our minds. If we use the card to buy a different computer at tigerdirect.com will the close our account? What do you guys suggest? Can they maybe switch the card?

It's a Visa... Use it anywhere, but yes you will not get the 12 month 0% interest using it somewhere else.

But since you did mention Tigerdirect, might be worth applying for the credit they offer, it will cost a HP but it does not report to credit as long as not delinquent last I knew through Web Bank or get the Bill Me Later Account (same bank) but can use SO MANY PLACES and they almost always offer 6 months interest free and such.

Can't change Apple Card also but Barclay will work with you to grow as she does if you end up liking the card at all...

Message 6 of 9
william23
Regular Contributor

I dont think she will get approved with tiger direct with a BK 1 year old. THey are not bk friendly Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval however

Message 8 of 9
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

@william23 wrote:

You can use the card anywhere, it doesn't have to be just Apple. Like someone else has said, you just won't get the 0% interest- which can save you a significant amount of money, depending on how much of a balance you carry.

I've had my Apple card for about 6 months (I also filed BK almost five years ago). It has been pretty good to me. I'm still slowly paying off my balance from my iPad purchases and I'm enjoying the 0% interest. They sent me my first set of promotional checks this weekend. I believe it was 3% interest rate on balance tranfers until November 2013. They also gave me an auto-CLI at the 6 month mark.

I am a fan of Barclay. Just make sure you don't have a lot of inquiries or open too many accounts for 6 months after opening an account with them. They get their ego's bruised easy Smiley Happy

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.