Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Arrival Card....

tag
Alaskagurl
New Contributor

Re: Barclays Arrival Card....

Yea, that AF for the Thank you Premier is huge lol.. That card wouldn't do me any good that companion ticket is not good for Alaska...I think I will get me that Boa Alaska airlines card...

Message 21 of 27
gmason
Contributor

The Arrival was too tempting and I have all the rewards cards I needed except a good travel card. I don't want to push Chase after just getting the Freedom a few weeks ago.

Jumped out of the garden and approved for Arrival World MasterCard $5k. I got the 10-day review email last night. I called analyst backdoor number today and approved in 5 minutes over the phone.

I got the 10 day wait (probably for past BK). My TU report is in optimal shape right now since most of my new cards are not reporting yet and only Chase hit TU last month on their double-pull. Time to garden for a minimum of 6 months. I haven't checked TU FICO, but I'm at < 3% utilization with only 2 recent TU inquiries (one of which was barclay in February when I requested CLI on my old Barclay card from 2011).

Message 22 of 27
Alaskagurl
New Contributor

Congrats Gmason! The card looks real nice. 

Message 23 of 27
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

@Alaskagurl wrote:

Yea, that AF for the Thank you Premier is huge lol.. That card wouldn't do me any good that companion ticket is not good for Alaska...I think I will get me that Boa Alaska airlines card...

I'm in Anchorage. I'd definitely get the Alaska Airlines BOA card ! Free companion ticket once a year, 3 miles per dollar on Alaska Airline purchases, etc. No free out-of-state check-in's or anything like that but if you're part of their Club 49 all of that is taken care of anyways, Smiley Very Happy.

Message 24 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@gmason wrote:

The Arrival was too tempting and I have all the rewards cards I needed except a good travel card. I don't want to push Chase after just getting the Freedom a few weeks ago.

Jumped out of the garden and approved for Arrival World MasterCard $5k. I got the 10-day review email last night. I called analyst backdoor number today and approved in 5 minutes over the phone.

I got the 10 day wait (probably for past BK). My TU report is in optimal shape right now since most of my new cards are not reporting yet and only Chase hit TU last month on their double-pull. Time to garden for a minimum of 6 months. I haven't checked TU FICO, but I'm at < 3% utilization with only 2 recent TU inquiries (one of which was barclay in February when I requested CLI on my old Barclay card from 2011).

CONGRATS!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 27
Alaskagurl
New Contributor

I will go for that Alaska airlines card in 6-9 months, don't wanna make Barclays mad! That's all I have on my list for next year...The af is not that bad and I get a companion ticket. Lol I'll just fly to Anchorage instead of driving....

Message 26 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ah! Still jealous! Im still planning to recon it! But not until a few more weeks lol!

Congrats folks :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.