Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Arrival MasterCard VS NFCU Flagship VISA

tag
lmhenry1
Contributor

Barclays Arrival MasterCard VS NFCU Flagship VISA

Hi All

I currently have the Barclays US Airways MasterCard and NFCU Cash Rewards Card. Speculation after the airline merger suggests that Barclays will Change my MasterCard to the Arrival Card. My question is when and if this happens which card is better the Arrival Card or Flagship Card from NFCU. To me they seem the same but I don't have either, the flagship seems cheaper in terms of the annual fee and recent point structure change. I have the BCP from Amex now so My 1% NFCU card is unattractive but is my highest limit.I could PC to either product What do you guys think?
American Express BCP - $30,000

NFCU More Rewards Amex $25,000

BOA Cash Rewards VISA Signature $25,000

Advantage Aviator Red World Mastercard - $15,150

Southwest Priority Rapid Rewards - $15,000

Chase Freedom -$8,400
Wells Fargo Propel Amex - $7,500
Total CL - $126,050

Future Goals Chase Trifecta
A Discover Card to have as a compliment to Chase Freedom Card
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclays Arrival MasterCard VS NFCU Flagship VISA

@lmhenry1 wrote:
Hi All

I currently have the Barclays US Airways MasterCard and NFCU Cash Rewards Card. Speculation after the airline merger suggests that Barclays will Change my MasterCard to the Arrival Card. My question is when and if this happens which card is better the Arrival Card or Flagship Card from NFCU. To me they seem the same but I don't have either, the flagship seems cheaper in terms of the annual fee and recent point structure change. I have the BCP from Amex now so My 1% NFCU card is unattractive but is my highest limit.I could PC to either product What do you guys think?

I have not had either, but keep in mind that the Flagship is a Visa Signature and it will not report your credit limit to the CRA

Message 2 of 6
Torii

Actually, the NFCU Flagship Siggy DOES report your CL.

Message 3 of 6
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

There is an arrival version with no annual fee too.  I would switch to that.  I don't have it, but have been looking at this card repeatedly.  If I didn't already have good travel cards that already do similar, I would apply.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 6
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Torii wrote:

Actually, the NFCU Flagship Siggy DOES report your CL.

My apologies. I was under the impression that all Visa Signature cards did not report their CL's. I am also considering the Flagship and that was a large con to it. But now that I know it DOES report the CL, it is back near the top of my list. Thanks Torii.

Message 5 of 6
Torii

No worries azguy13. One thing to consider with NFCU is that you can ask for a CLI at anytime but you can only ask for an APR reduction every 12 months. However, I enjoy the card a lot. Downsides are that the telephone CSR are hit or miss: they either rock or can't wait to get you off the phone. I enjoy going to the local branch and interfacing with them there, I find it a less rushed experience. Other than the here-and-there Visa Siggy perks (like a prescreening of the latest Star Trek) I don't use any of the other benefits. I also find their fraud protection system sub-par compared to the CSP (its an automated phone call to my home). The annual fee is decent but the points are *meh*. About two months ago they said "HEY! You now ever TWO points for every dollar spent." Then doubled the points redemption level i.e. a $50 gift card was 5,000 points, now it's 10,000.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.