Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Arrival Plus Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Arrival Plus Approval

Hello everyone,

I am very naive when it comes to issues of credit and credit cards and am in the process of trying to learn more about it. I have a question about my credit situation and I cannot seem to google the answer. I was hoping someone on this forum would be able to help me make the smart choices. 

I applied for a barcaly's arrival plus credit card today and after the fact am wondering if I made a mistake trying to apply. As a full time dental student I live on government student loans and do not currently have a job. When I applied I listed an annual income of $18,000. I realized after sending my application that I have a high chance of getting rejected due to my low income level. I do have a credit score of 760 and a great payment history but I do not know if my credit score would be enough to get an approval. My question is whether it would be worth asking for reconsideration after a rejection. I do not want multiple credit inquiries from barclays if the outlook is bleak and the inquiries affect my credit score. Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Arrival Plus Approval

With a score like that i wouldn't worry about getting approved, i'd worry more about the starting credit limit as far as income goes.

Message 2 of 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Is that 18k income you listed from student loans? Student loans cannot be used as a source of income when applying for credit, since you need to pay them back. Grants and scholarships, however, are allowed to be used as a source of income by some lenders, since they don't require repayment.
Message 3 of 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Welcome to the forum! Barclay is good to recon denials. Call underwriting from the back door numbers link below. Good Luck!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Backdoor-Numbers/m-p/408066

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think with that credit score, you won't have problem getting it approved, but as Nixon said, credit limit might be small.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.