cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Arrival Plus--benefit reductions!

tag
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays Arrival Plus--benefit reductions!

Barclay miles are the most undervalues miles. They don't transfer and the reduction in miles back really hurt it. Chase and other cards are far superior because you can transfer and that's where you get your benefit.

It think it's crazy for people to think Barclays is superior after cutting their benefits.

Message 31 of 34
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Kenny wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And to think I wanted this card so badly. Will be reconsidering......

Meh I would get it imo. Get the bonus $400 and close it or downgrade. 

And there is that.  And if I'm not mistaken won't card be similar to the Chase Sapphire preferred  as far as two points per dollar own travel and dining. 

Yes.

If you get both and downgrade both you could get $800 dollars if you spent around $8,000 in the first three months.

If only for most people it was just that simple! Smiley Very Happy (Kinda hard to get approved for one for most people. Not to mention the 8k spent in 3 months.)

lol

You don't haveto app for both at the same time. App for the Arrival, make the spending and cancel/ Downgrade in one year like 2015 and then app for the CSP in 2016, make the spend and downgrade. You will get a total of $800 in CB basically with both bonuses.*

* didn't know Chase downgraded it. could of swore it was 50,000 points when i apped for the CSP last year

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 32 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DrZoidberg wrote:

Barclay miles are the most undervalues miles. They don't transfer and the reduction in miles back really hurt it. Chase and other cards are far superior because you can transfer and that's where you get your benefit.

It think it's crazy for people to think Barclays is superior after cutting their benefits.

Barclay miles have their place, well did before the devaluation.  I use them for things that are not airline/hotel charges.  For example, next summer we're taking my son to Disney.  I put all my non-category bonus spending on the Arrival+, by January I will have enough points there to get 3 tickets to Disney covered.  Chase UR will cover flights and hotel.

I'll probably be switching to Venture when my AF is up (unless Barclay waives the AF, and even then I might just switch).  Before someone says something about "there are AF free 2% cards" those do not serve any purpose to me unless they have no FTF.

Message 33 of 34
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DrZoidberg wrote:

Barclay miles have their place, well did before the devaluation.  I use them for things that are not airline/hotel charges.  For example, next summer we're taking my son to Disney.  I put all my non-category bonus spending on the Arrival+, by January I will have enough points there to get 3 tickets to Disney covered.  Chase UR will cover flights and hotel.

I'll probably be switching to Venture when my AF is up (unless Barclay waives the AF, and even then I might just switch).  Before someone says something about "there are AF free 2% cards" those do not serve any purpose to me unless they have no FTF.

Not to burst your bubble, but I could have sworn someone said Arrival+ did not consider Disney as travel and instead it was an "attraction" so you won't get your full 2% value redeeming towards it.

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.