Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Arrival Plus?

tag
Te3030
Regular Contributor

Barclays Arrival Plus?

I'm wondering if I can meet the Barclays 90 day spending bonus using the card paying utilities? Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Arrival Plus?

I dont see why not. Im assuming your going to overpay utility bills? Thats what I did to meet the Hyatt spend requirement. Overpaid utility, cable and phone bills.
Message 2 of 9
Open123
Super Contributor

@Te3030 wrote:

I'm wondering if I can meet the Barclays 90 day spending bonus using the card paying utilities? Thanks

Utilities charged on your card counts towards the spend requirement, yes.  Or, do you if you can place the entire spend on Utilities?  In either case, you most assuredly can.

Message 3 of 9
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I dont see why not. Im assuming your going to overpay utility bills? Thats what I did to meet the Hyatt spend requirement. Overpaid utility, cable and phone bills.

+1

Right, great strategy here, especially with our zero rate environment.

Message 4 of 9
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Great idea! I've been thinking of ways to meet mine as well. Just grabbed this card yesterday. The prequal site was on the money!
Message 5 of 9
Te3030
Regular Contributor

Ok, Thanks. I am prequalified for this card so I think I will go ahead and apply. 

Gmood1 Congrats on your approval! What was your starting CL?

Message 6 of 9
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Thx my starting limit is $5k. Also got the spg, IHG and Venture over the last two weeks.
Message 7 of 9
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

What a great idea!. I will try this with my new Venture card. (3k spend to get the bonus.)

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 8 of 9
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I paid my real estate and personal property taxes with my first Venture card to help put me over the $3K spend hump.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.