cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Arrival downgrade to no-AF?

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays Arrival downgrade to no-AF?

I know, but my point is the scenario you outline is not one that has yet happened thus there probably isn't a set policy. If US Airways is any indication, then yes you will be able to downgrade by requesting a closure on the basis of the AF. Otherwise save yourself the effort, and go with the fee-free version. Still a great card!

Message 11 of 14
britthester
New Contributor

While the 40,000 point sign-up bonus is nice, so is the 20,000 bonus. I understand that is half of the other offer, but I think you always have to ask yourself if you're planning to keep this card around or are you simply in it for the points. If it's merely the points for a vacation or something, go for the $89 annual fee version. If you're planning to hang on to the card for awhile, get the no AF version and you can build up to 40,000. Just MHO. 

Message 12 of 14
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

britthester wrote:

While the 40,000 point sign-up bonus is nice, so is the 20,000 bonus. I understand that is half of the other offer, but I think you always have to ask yourself if you're planning to keep this card around or are you simply in it for the points. If it's merely the points for a vacation or something, go for the $89 annual fee version. If you're planning to hang on to the card for awhile, get the no AF version and you can build up to 40,000. Just MHO. 

This was my thoughts and why I applied for the no-AF version, after asking a few Barclays CSRs about the PC policies.  I am not a churner.  I can see how the AF version would be great for churners, but that is not my goal right now.  Believe it or not, I am still rebuilding and would love a long history on a card that is very useful for me with no annual fee.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 13 of 14
britthester
New Contributor

Yep. Same here. I do not churn cards, which is why I also applied for the no AF version. I like the card a lot. It's slowly becoming one of my go to cards. I still put the most spend on my Amex BCE, but I've been putting my bills and dining purchases on the Arrival card and the miles are already showing up on my account. I'm looking forward to saving up my miles for an anniversary trip with my wife. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.