Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Arrival questions...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Arrival questions...

So the AF is coming up and I'm wondering if I can PC it to a no AF version? I also want to know if the no AF version has Chip and PIN? Barclays is only good to me because of the PIN option with no FTF. Can anyone comment on options to PC to? Know that I will most likely only use the card abroad as I can get better rewards through other cards in most categories.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Arrival questions...

@Anonymous wrote:

So the AF is coming up and

1. I'm wondering if I can PC it to a no AF version?
  2. I also want to know if the no AF version has Chip and PIN? Barclays is only good to me because of the PIN option with no FTF.
  3. Can anyone comment on options to PC to? Know that I will most likely only use the card abroad as I can get better rewards through other cards in most categories.

1. Yes, it is possible.

2. Yes, the normal Arrival still has Chip and PIN (I think all Barclays cards do actually, my Sallie Mae did for sure).

3. Depends what you want - sounds like you are pretty sure you want the normal Arrival for no FTF and retaining chip+PIN functionality.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm personally curious to see what others other than the basic arrival have had success PC'ing to. I've just been using mine to take advantage and pay off a balance transfer for the past year. I think they've noticed because they recently doubled my credit limit, probably trying to get me to spend more, but I don't have a lot of use for the card.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Other than the Arrival card with no AF, most other cards don't interest me because they have FTFs. Those that don't, seem to be locked into a points structure that forces me to use it at a certain brand. The only other card I see is the Priceline card ($25 min redemption vs $100, and points worth 1 cent vs half a cent when used for normal statement credit rather than travel only).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.