Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays Arrival+ w/ 50k point bonus

Correct, travel like airfare and hotel

Message 11 of 26
Sharingan
Established Contributor

This offer is excellent. In my opinion, the Arrival+ has been the greatest value for a single TU inquiry for a few years now for those interested in bonuses. I would never keep one long-term, however.

Message 12 of 26
cjesser15
Contributor

Any particular length of time you need to wait before getting the bonus again? Thanks in advance.
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays thinks this will cause more ppl to app for and keep the A+...but it's just going to draw out all the churners due to the AF waived first year. Patiently waiting for the AF waive to be nerfed soon ha
Message 14 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Barclays thinks this will cause more ppl to app for and keep the A+...but it's just going to draw out all the churners due to the AF waived first year. Patiently waiting for the AF waive to be nerfed soon ha

Well, they could also fix it by making the card more attractive compared to the competition, to justify the AF, so people would keep it.  Reducing the bonus from 10% to 5% wasn't in the right direction.

Even if they didn't waive the AF, a lot of people might take it, $500 worth of travel for $90, and then cancel

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

dont redeem the full 50k points for a single charge or you will have points in limbo and have to spend a ton due to min 100 redemption. google barclay arrival plus math

Message 16 of 26
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

And keep in mind that this card may and does offer: generous CLIs via SP, 0% BT offers for as low as 1% fee and grace period for purchases still in tact when using a promotional BT offer.

The first two provided of course that your credit profile meets their requirements. 

I've had my card for over three years.

Message 17 of 26
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@rlx01 wrote:
They've increased the bonus from 40k to 50k.

http://www.findmybarclaycard.com/barclaycard-credit-cards/arrival-plus

Wow! Thanks for the info. Do they still only single pull TU?

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jerry45 wrote:

@rlx01 wrote:
They've increased the bonus from 40k to 50k.

http://www.findmybarclaycard.com/barclaycard-credit-cards/arrival-plus

Wow! Thanks for the info. Do they still only single pull TU?

Only TU.  There's reports on the internetzzz  that some get EQ pulled as well, but in my surfing it's only been borderline candidates and reports from 2012.  I can't remember what I saw on Queen Elsa TU records so that EQ gets a hit.  I think Barclay said "naw, fire it up and lemme see that TU"

Message 19 of 26
Absolution16
Frequent Contributor

I don't like that Arrival+ raised the minimum redemption amount to $100.  Any travel expenses less than $100 cannot be redeemed.  This is very unflexible, and makes small travel purchases and incidental charges difficult to redeem.  And on top of that, they nerfed the 10% miles back to 5%.  And now, they have completely eliminated the No-AF version Barclay Arrival, which is just a World Mastercard, and NOT the Elite version.

They are giving me a 15-month 0% APR on BT, but with a measly $1,500 credit limit, it is useless to me, and I have better cards with better reward structure to put my spend on.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.