Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Arrival +

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Barclays Arrival +

I just hot a Wyndham Visa in 20 Jan 2015 how long should I wait before I apply for a new card with them? TU FICO 770.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Arrival +

May 1st
Message 2 of 12
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
May 1st

That fast?

Message 3 of 12
Open123
Super Contributor

Your first CC with Barclays?  

If so, wait at least 30 days.  Depending on your CR history, you may or may not be approved.  With a thick file clean file and low utility, you'll be approved.  If not, then wait another 6 months.

Message 4 of 12
happypill
Valued Contributor

I'd go for 6 months, so July 21th in your case.  May 1st might be a little aggressive, and Barclays is pretty strict with recent inquiries and recently opened accounts.

Message 5 of 12
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

If so, wait at least 30 days.  Depending on your CR history, you may or may not be approved.  With a thick file clean file and low utility, you'll be approved.  If not, then wait another 6 months.

Yes, it is my first card with Barclays. I have a thick file and I do have low utility, only two CO over 6 years old all paid.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You wanna talk aggressive?

2 Barclay's cards in 5 weeks here.
Message 7 of 12
Open123
Super Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Yes, it is my first card with Barclays. I have a thick file and I do have low utility, only two CO over 6 years old all paid.

In that case, it's worth the risk to apply after 31 days.  I app'ed for my second Barclay after 30 days and was instantly approved.  Then, I'd applied 6 months later, then 30 days again.  Both were approved again, though the first was auto, and the second required review.

For Barclay, since it's a TU HP, a decline comes at a minimal cost.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually just applied for the Arrival+ yesterday.  I was approved with a $3,500 limit.  I was actually surprised because I had a Barclaycard Financing (Apple) card with a $600 limit that I've previously tried to have the credit limit increased on and been denied.  That made no sense because every other card I have was approved for $15k+.  Once I was approved for the Arrival+ I went and tried doing a CLI on my Barclaycard Financing and I was approved and the limit was raised to $8600.  I never ever use that card, but it's my oldest card by more than 6 years.  It has a terrible APR and no rewards.  I called Barclaycard, and they switched it to an Apple Rewards card, which is better, but still not something I'll probably use much.  Once I actually get the Arrival+, I'll call up and have the card balances shuffled so that the Arrival+ has a $10k limit.

If you apply and you're denied you can call them up and they may reconsider.

Message 9 of 12
syeb
Regular Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

I just hot a Wyndham Visa in 20 Jan 2015 how long should I wait before I apply for a new card with them? TU FICO 770.

Not sure if they're trying to get as many US Airways cards out the door as possible but both my wife and I got the US Airways and the Arrival +, each about a month apart.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.