Did you mean: 

Barclays. At what point 2nd card

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays. At what point 2nd card

@B335is wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

No. not sams club member. the thought of paying that much for a glorified wally card. scares me Smiley Very Happybut no problem for others. i thought amazon was a chase card. not sure.

Amazon Visa is a Chase card.  The store card (also available in MC) is GE.

I've had pretty good luck waiting 6 months in between Barclays applications.  Some people manage to get approved within 30 days for another card, but I think if you wait 5-6 months your chances are much better.

Between barclays alone or other applications. i applied last for them in january. the first week. but it did not do hp. now that i remember. and i did not recon.

but the actual number of accounts that i have opened in the last 6 months. is 3. two being credit cards and 1 being installment or siggy loan.

Message 11 of 26
taxi818
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Taxi I applied for the SM in March and got the original RMC in Sept as you did.. Instant Approval I also added 4 new tradelines prior to applying for the SM that were all reporting and have 17 TU HP at the time on TU.  I was sitting about 698 at the time TU score wise.. So don't see why you wouldnt be approved?    Very very simliar profiles although i opened alot more accounts

So you opened 4 accounts since september?. let me think now since september.

to todays date.

hmm

two amex cards.

1 Diners club.

gte credit union.

home depot.

only gte and home depot this year.

amex in early 0ctober.

so if i go back 6 months from today. just two credit cards. also my reports say new accounts 2.

Message 12 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Taxi I applied for the SM in March and got the original RMC in Sept as you did.. Instant Approval I also added 4 new tradelines prior to applying for the SM that were all reporting and have 17 TU HP at the time on TU.  I was sitting about 698 at the time TU score wise.. So don't see why you wouldnt be approved?    Very very simliar profiles although i opened alot more accounts

So you opened 4 accounts since september?. let me think now since september.

to todays date.

hmm

two amex cards.

1 Diners club.

gte credit union.

home depot.

only gte and home depot this year.

amex in early 0ctober.

so if i go back 6 months from today. just two credit cards. also my reports say new accounts 2.

Opened both of my Amex's (2), two chase cards csp/freedom and paypal credit (hidden) so 4..

Message 13 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

inq.JPG

Sept 08th is RMC and Mar 11 is SM (instant approval)..  You can't see my two AMEX's apps on this due to exp report, but at least you can see Chase

Message 14 of 26
taxi818
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

inq.JPG

Sept 08th is RMC and Mar 11 is SM (instant approval)..  You can't see my two AMEX's apps on this due to exp report, but at least you can see Chase

Wow. you have been busy. yes. very simular. i opened my barclays on september 10th. 2 days after you. went for apple. ok. so if my freedom does not go thru. i will go for the SM

Message 15 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Top two are from my new lexus one from dealership and one from Lexus...  Sucks but hey they will age off soon enough

Message 16 of 26
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Apps between Barclays cards is what I meant. If it went to manual review I think you would be ok with 2 new accts in 6 months. But in one case they went back and rattled off my new accts in 24 months. I also think they're less sensitive depending on the card you're applying for.
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now.
Message 18 of 26
bigbang91
Established Contributor

I want to app for 2nd Barclay card too, but they just gave me a cli, does that reset my 6 months waiting time? Btw, within the last 6 months, i have 5 new accounts. 

Message 19 of 26
taxi818
Super Contributor

@bigbang91 wrote:

I want to app for 2nd Barclay card too, but they just gave me a cli, does that reset my 6 months waiting time? Btw, within the last 6 months, i have 5 new accounts. 

I also got cli in January. Not sure. I hope it does not reset clock.  Anyone can answer? 

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.