Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Available Credit Saying 500 Now, Revolving Line of 2k

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Barclays Available Credit Saying 500 Now, Revolving Line of 2k

I'm very concerned now. I randomly logged into my account and now it's saying that my available credit is 500 dollars but still says my revolving is 2k. It didn't say that before earlier today. Anyone else experienced this?

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Bman70
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays Available Credit Saying 500 Now, Revolving Line of 2k

I had that happen once, the available credit plus balance didn't add up to my credit line. Some $2k was missing I think. I called and they couldn't figure it out. Paranoid thoughts of CLD jumped into mind, thanks to late nights reading MyFICO. But the next day it was normal again. Probably just a glitch, but let us know what comes of it. Is there any balance on the account?

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last Friday I got approved for the Sallie Mae WMC with a 5.3k starting line. I set up my online account and it says my available credit is 7k but me revolving credit line is 5.3k. I'm confused too. Anyone shed any light? 

Message 3 of 9
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Bman70 wrote:

I had that happen once, the available credit plus balance didn't add up to my credit line. Some $2k was missing I think. I called and they couldn't figure it out. Paranoid thoughts of CLD jumped into mind, thanks to late nights reading MyFICO. But the next day it was normal again. Probably just a glitch, but let us know what comes of it. Is there any balance on the account?

Nope. Only got instantly approved for the card yesterday. I was really spooked and thought to myself that trying to recon my Sallie Mae MC app was a bad idea after all. I'm crossing my fingers it's just a glitch like you're saying. I have no plans to apply for any more cards in the next six months and I haven't even gotten this card in the mail yet. The good thing is that the revolving limit doesn't say 500 at all, it still says 2k.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 4 of 9
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Phew! I logged back in again since it's past midnight here and all of my credit is back! 2k in full. It was just a glitch after all. Thanks guys. It's just that I've never experienced anything like this before. I have a lot to learn when it comes to Barclays.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Last Friday I got approved for the Sallie Mae WMC with a 5.3k starting line. I set up my online account and it says my available credit is 7k but me revolving credit line is 5.3k. I'm confused too. Anyone shed any light? 

This is my situation too. Anyone?

Message 6 of 9
Bman70
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah this glitch in credit line seems to be common, since I had it and OP had it. Should resolves itself. OP glad to hear your CL is back to normal. Smiley Happy

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 7 of 9
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Bman70 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah this glitch in credit line seems to be common, since I had it and OP had it. Should resolves itself. OP glad to hear your CL is back to normal. Smiley Happy

Thanks! It really would be kind of crazy if they were to just suddenly decrease my CL when I hadn't even gotten the card yet. Lol. Anyway, that definitely motivates me to keep everything low with them and not do anything that would cause AA from them or anything.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to hear it worked out for you. It would've sucked if it were legit.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.