Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays BT Offer...Soooo good =) UPDATE x2

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays BT Offer...Soooo good =) UPDATE

@JSS3 wrote:

These are some sweet deals, especially the 0% BT fee. 

Doing a BT means the bank didn't get the swipe fees. How's it beneficial to a bank to offer 0% BT fees? Is it hoping the person won't be able to pay down the entire balance once the promo period is up and collecting some interest there?

This, Pretty much.

Message 11 of 15
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Barclays BT Offer...Soooo good =) UPDATE x2

Still loving my Barclays BT. Did a little experiment to test grace periods on purchases. And YAY! Barclays does offer grace periods on purchases (when also carrying a BT balance) provided I PIF the amount of purchases PLUS the minimum payment required on the statement.

I've read a lot on here that some people believe there is never a grace period on purchases. <<---- This has not been my experience with Barclays.

Now I will test with BofA.

Credit is fun Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 15
compassion101
Established Contributor

I got the 0% with 1% fee a couple of months ago form Barclays. Wrote a check to myself and now it's out there making money for me.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

got at 3% Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 15
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays BT Offer...Soooo good =) UPDATE x2

I spend too much with Barclays for them to offer me these deals :/ I do regularly get 0% BT fee checks from FNBO though.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.