Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Backdoor number success!!!

tag
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Barclays Backdoor number success!!!

First off thanks to these boards the last year I have really don't my best to raise my score and begin getting back into the credit game!!  So in the last month from trying to do raise my scores and clean up a few things from my reports I got bold and went on an applying spree!!! The last app was over the weekend to Barclays (looking to possibly finance an Ipad... or even I would take the itunes card since I have an iphone and would definitely just use it for that!  Sure enough I applied they said they needed further time to review.. I could of sworn I was oh well denied once again!  So I checked status yesterday and sure enough I was.  I then read up on these boards on some of the success stories when calling in, and that is what I did this morning.  I got this very nice young lady who said no problem I just need to verify some info.  Asked for what I did for a living, for how long, and income.  She then said let me ask you about things on your report.  So she then asked about two cards that have a $2k limit.  One is my husbands and I am just the primary on Chase, and the other is a CU Visa my husband co-signed for me a while back.  The reason she asked well both are close to the limit Smiley Sad, and now thanks to these boards I know is not good!  So I went on to say the Chase belonged to hubby, and my Visa is currently in the process of being paid off.  The good thing is since we are both on the card as joint I also put it on my husbands responsibility..lol.  Any ways, other than that my other cards are fairly new and smaller limits with the exception of JcPenny who doubled my limit.  She then asked about a CapOne medical loan I had paid late for a while on... I certainly told her about the reasons at the time but brought up that after paying it as agreed and in full never paid late.  It has been almost 2 years since.  I do have other 3 accounts that are lates on my report and some of those are over 2.5 years old, with a Bankruptcy Cpt 7 that I still have for another dreaded 1yr 1/2. 

So... She then asked how much were you looking to spend @ Apple.  I said well I would really like at least $700-800 to cover the Ipad but I guess I could cover the rest incase it was more.. she put me on hold and came back to say CONGRATULATIONS I managed to approve you for $1000k  wow I couldn't believe it!  Now that I think of it I am hoping it was for the financing one ???  Oh well regardless Iw ould pay it off at the end of the month, and I am just happy to add another card with a $1k limit to my file.

Thanks again every one!!! I know my scores are going to take another hit for opening an account but after this no more applying for a while until I feel confident to go to the PRIME side. 

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays Backdoor number success!!!

@halos24 wrote:

First off thanks to these boards the last year I have really don't my best to raise my score and begin getting back into the credit game!!  So in the last month from trying to do raise my scores and clean up a few things from my reports I got bold and went on an applying spree!!! The last app was over the weekend to Barclays (looking to possibly finance an Ipad... or even I would take the itunes card since I have an iphone and would definitely just use it for that!  Sure enough I applied they said they needed further time to review.. I could of sworn I was oh well denied once again!  So I checked status yesterday and sure enough I was.  I then read up on these boards on some of the success stories when calling in, and that is what I did this morning.  I got this very nice young lady who said no problem I just need to verify some info.  Asked for what I did for a living, for how long, and income.  She then said let me ask you about things on your report.  So she then asked about two cards that have a $2k limit.  One is my husbands and I am just the primary on Chase, and the other is a CU Visa my husband co-signed for me a while back.  The reason she asked well both are close to the limit Smiley Sad, and now thanks to these boards I know is not good!  So I went on to say the Chase belonged to hubby, and my Visa is currently in the process of being paid off.  The good thing is since we are both on the card as joint I also put it on my husbands responsibility..lol.  Any ways, other than that my other cards are fairly new and smaller limits with the exception of JcPenny who doubled my limit.  She then asked about a CapOne medical loan I had paid late for a while on... I certainly told her about the reasons at the time but brought up that after paying it as agreed and in full never paid late.  It has been almost 2 years since.  I do have other 3 accounts that are lates on my report and some of those are over 2.5 years old, with a Bankruptcy Cpt 7 that I still have for another dreaded 1yr 1/2. 

@Anonymous... She then asked how much were you looking to spend @ Apple.  I said well I would really like at least $700-800 to cover the Ipad but I guess I could cover the rest incase it was more.. she put me on hold and came back to say CONGRATULATIONS I managed to approve you for $1000k  wow I couldn't believe it!  Now that I think of it I am hoping it was for the financing one ???  Oh well regardless Iw ould pay it off at the end of the month, and I am just happy to add another card with a $1k limit to my file.

Thanks again every one!!! I know my scores are going to take another hit for opening an account but after this no more applying for a while until I feel confident to go to the PRIME side. 

Wow. Awesome. I was denied on recon about 6-7 mos ago, may try again in the distant future.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I was denied for Apple iTunes yesterday. I did not receive a reason  for denial. This morning, I called Barclays backdoor# and spoke with a very nice Credit Analyst...Andy. He asked me a few questions: income, time at job, job title. Then he looked again at my credit report. He stated that the computer picked up on accounts that had been closed, so it was including it in my overall revolving debt. He went on to tell me that I had been doing well with my credit following my BK and that he will get me APPROVED!!! CL is $1000.00!!! Was hoping for a larger limit for BT, but I will take it!! 

Every CSR at Barclays that I have ever spoken with has been very pleasant. (I have a B&N MC as well.) They seem to really want to approve you, and will try hard to do so. I requested CLI on my MC, and was declined. Called backdoor number, and bam!! APPROVED!! Very nice company to deal with.

Just wanted to let you know my experience. So, if you get denied for a Barclays card, CALL THE BACKDOOR #. You will more than likely get an approval there.

Jelly

Message 3 of 11
andre181
Established Contributor

I have been DYING for an iPad, so after reading these posts I decided to app for the Apple Store Card.

Was initially approved for only $590, but I didn't want to max it out buying an iPad. Called the backdoor number and got CL increased to $1200!

I just placed my order for my iPad and case, $522

My order still put me at 43% util on my new card, but I will PIF within 3-4 months and my util with all cards combined is still only 3% after this purchase so no biggie!

Thank you Barclaycard!!

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 4 of 11
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Do you all know which report they pull?

JellyFish:  How long had it been after your bankruptcy?

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tazman81 wrote:

They pull TU exclusively. My BK is from 2/2001, so it will fall off in 3 months (Feb 2011). YAY!!!!

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tazman81 wrote:

They pull TU exclusively. My BK is from 2/2001, so it will fall off in 3 months (Feb 2011). YAY!!!!

so Feb 2011 you will return from the deserted island.... awesome Smiley Very Happy   
hey btw : are you SURE they only pull TU?   I don't want another inq. on EX or EQ .. thanks Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 11
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tazman81 wrote:

so Feb 2011 you will return from the deserted island.... awesome Smiley Very Happy   
hey btw : are you SURE they only pull TU?   I don't want another inq. on EX or EQ .. thanks Smiley Happy

They pulled only TU for me as well.

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 8 of 11
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Just called in backdoor number and got 2.5K CLI. 

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 11
USC08
Frequent Contributor

@crosbyk1 wrote:

Just called in backdoor number and got 2.5K CLI. 

hard pull or soft?

myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.