Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Bandits strike again

tag
zarteycranford
Regular Contributor

Barclays Bandits strike again

I have been with Barclays for two years. I did a BT onto my ring card and bam CLD. Frontier mastercard 3000 down to 1000 Ring 4000 down to 1800. No change in credit report just a BT to Ring card. no rhyme no reason they got spooked over BT because it was 36% of tradeline. Never had a problem up until now. Why give me 4000 limit then freak out when I use some of it. I have heard stories and was a non believer up until now. I have always revolved these cards showed heavy use payed in full each month. The one time I pull over a balance it becomes an issue. They sent me a letter stating avaliable credit on existing tradelines too high. LOL nothing has changed just an excuse to make me another Barclays Bandit victom.                                                           FICOS  EXP 739  TRANS 746  EQ 738

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Bandits strike again

they don't do this just because... no need to freak out, just pay it down as soon as u can and minimize overall utilization and as soon as u do call back to get them restored.

Message 2 of 33
dwz55
Regular Contributor

Barclay is weird I maxed my card out for 6 months was at 99% ultilization then they go and double my credit line, yet I hear about people only gong to 20-25% and getting CLD. So weird

TU 780 April 2014
EQ 797 May 2014
EX 786 May 2014
Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to mention their CS line is subpar, at best.

Message 4 of 33
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Could be worse.. They closed my account and i was never late. No rhyme and no reason. Ill never apply for any of there cards again especially when there is so much out there.

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 5 of 33
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Did you utiliation go up significantly on your other cards?  Obviously Barclay's SP's you and probably saw either alot of new account or a utiliation spike is my guess.  Sorry to here OP

Message 6 of 33
ScarletFever
Frequent Contributor

@zarteycranford wrote:

I have been with Barclays for two years. I did a BT onto my ring card and bam CLD. Frontier mastercard 3000 down to 1000 Ring 4000 down to 1800. No change in credit report just a BT to Ring card. no rhyme no reason they got spooked over BT because it was 36% of tradeline. Never had a problem up until now. Why give me 4000 limit then freak out when I use some of it. I have heard stories and was a non believer up until now. I have always revolved these cards showed heavy use payed in full each month. The one time I pull over a balance it becomes an issue. They sent me a letter stating avaliable credit on existing tradelines too high. LOL nothing has changed just an excuse to make me another Barclays Bandit victom.                                                           FICOS  EXP 739  TRANS 746  EQ 738

Barclays without a doubt,in the short time I have been with them, definitely are not customer friendly.It's getting to the point where creditors are hyper-sensitive about usage to the point of ridiculousness. Want no risk whatsoever? Get out of the credit game and go make pizzas. Sock-draw the card after pay down and reward businesses that respect you......and aren't stupid. Barclay definitely is stupid.

.Citi FICO-836 Barclays TU FICO; 827. Discover Fic0-826; CK:EQ-821; TU-819; CS-819; Total credit-$165,500: NASA-29,700; AMEX BCP-17,000; AMEX EDP-20,000; CSP-14,400; Barclay Ring-10,000; Discover It-9,000; U.S.Bank Sig Visa13,000; United TeleTech Federal Credit Union-$9000; Citi Double Cash-9900; Citi TYP-7,700; Discover Cashback Bonus-7,200;Chase Freedom-6,500; AMEX HHilton Honors-5000; Barclay NFL Extra Points-$5000. Utility always 1-2%
Message 7 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Booboo71 wrote:

Could be worse.. They closed my account and i was never late. No rhyme and no reason. Ill never apply for any of there cards again especially when there is so much out there.

@Anonymous wrote:

Did they give any explanation for the closure?  Presumably there was a rhyme or reason in their minds (even if incorrect!)

Message 8 of 33
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Are you over 100,000 in available credit?
Message 9 of 33
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Yes, I opened a few other accounts about 4 months with that card. If that is a reason then so be it obviously. I dont care anymore but at the time I was very upset 1st what if I was going tomuse the card or what if I was on vacation and was only bringing that card? I found out online when I went to make a payment! Thanks Barclays! Ive moved on! Smiley Happy

Also yes my fico is not 750 or higher so that probaly made me a target for watching me I also did not know they have a team of people whose sole purpose is to monitor what you apply for after you get a card with them. 

Hope that clarifies it

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.