Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays CLD....so it's true!!

tag
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Barclays CLD....so it's true!!

I have the priceline visa with a CL of $4500. The card was opened about 4 months ago. I have not use the card at all. I opened a Amex SPG card about 1 month after than a Chase Sapphire Preferred 2wks ago. Logged into my priceline visa card this morning and saw that they reduced my CL to $4000. Muhaaaaaa Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays CLD....so it's true!!

Damn that sucks! What other companies like to do this if you open new cards?

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 2 of 8
Ron1
Super Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

I have the priceline visa with a CL of $4500. The card was opened about 4 months ago. I have not use the card at all. I opened a Amex SPG card about 1 month after than a Chase Sapphire Preferred 2wks ago. Logged into my priceline visa card this morning and saw that they reduced my CL to $4000. Muhaaaaaa Smiley Happy

That's true. I got approved Travelocity Amex a month ago .I haven't applied any card since last month. I heard you have to wait for six months waiting period to apply for another card. Not only that, they chase balance when you carry high balance over three months.  They closed my Juniper Mastercard without any reason almost five years ago.

Message 3 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

bummer...thought it was just a forum legend, eh?

at any rate, if you put it to good use and keep credit profile in good shape chances are are it can grow with you despite this set back.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 8
favre_2_free
New Contributor

Last month, they decreased my limit on my Airtran Card from $4500 to $1700 because they checked my credit and saw that I was at like 50% utilization on month.  I called them, explained I had just gone on a huge vacation and had already paid off most of my balances, and they reinstated my $4500 line.

Amex Gold, Capital One VentureOne & Platium Cards, AAA BoA Signature Visa, Barclays Airtran & Frontier Airlines Cards, Paypal MC, Best Buy RewardZone Mastercard and Chase Speedway Mastercard....and I FINALLY Welcome to Discover...thank you and have a great day!!!!
EX: 667 (8/6 Amex App) - EQ 700 - TU 697
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got travelocity amex about a month ago and loads of INQs across 3 bereaus after that. Still no AA for me but I use their card quite often and keep UTI% below 2% so that might please them.
Message 6 of 8
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@favre_2_free wrote:

Last month, they decreased my limit on my Airtran Card from $4500 to $1700 because they checked my credit and saw that I was at like 50% utilization on month.  I called them, explained I had just gone on a huge vacation and had already paid off most of my balances, and they reinstated my $4500 line.

I should try this.

Message 7 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

@favre_2_free wrote:

I should try this.

+1  recommend using the card 1st.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.