Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays CLD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays CLD

@Anonymous wrote:

Barclay is a tough bank. They CLDs me last month as well. I didn't blame them, my credit score was going down. When they opened my account I was at 730 and they gave me 10k. Last month my score dipped to 690 as well. My card was maxed out for about 3 weeks and I paid it off. When I paid it off I checked it a few days later and saw that they decreased me to a touch over 3k. My overall utilization was at 28%. Losing that 7k would have put my utilization over 30%. I called a few days later, and they reinstated my credit limit. In my defense they decreased me after I paid it off so that looked like i have money. Plus I paid off a few others because I knew my score was slipping and I wanted to bring it back up over 700. They saw the last payments I made on other credit cards (they have your reports). They saw that I paid them 10k plus, paid double minimum for chase which was about 800 each chase card. All of that made them reinstate me.

I look at credit like I look at the world. They want you when you don't need them, but turn your back on you when you do. Since then I stopped trusting barclay, they are pretty fickle. Chase has given me high limits on 3 cards so I try not to mess with them. Capital One will always be there so I appreciate them the most. Bank Of America isn't bad but I bank with them and they see my finances. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Discover--not sure about them. I have a few business cards now so those don't report. But my highest business card is from Bank of AMerica! lol. 

What are your limits on your 3 chase cards and looks like BOA is treating you better than Barclay!

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.