Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays CLI Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays CLI Success

Just thought I'd share. This - Juniper: 866-408-4064 (Credit Analyst) - backdoor number worked like a charm.

I had a limit of $1000, asked for $3000, and they gave me $3500!

Pretty excited. Hopefully I can convince Chase to follow suit in a couple months.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclays CLI Success

@Anonymous wrote:

Just thought I'd share. This - Juniper: 866-408-4064 (Credit Analyst) - backdoor number worked like a charm.

Pretty excited. Hopefully I can convince Chase to follow suit in a couple months.

Grats rolen_it_up... I had a similar situation a few months back where I applied for a Barclaycard (Apple) Financing card and was instantly approved for a $1490 CL. However, I called the backdoor, explained why I was looking for a higher limit and what I intended to use the card for and was approved for a $4000 CL.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

hard or soft inquiry??

Message 3 of 8
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called in May 2010 to the Credit Dept and got my Juniper Visa increased from $6,000 to $10,000 with no problem either.  However, it did cost me a hard pull.  I knew this going in, and that's why i asked for the 10k.  We were remodeling our kitchen, and i was going to roll  the balance a couple months at the 7.99% that i've had for a few years.  They were very kind, and willing to extend the line with no problem whatsoever.  I really like Barclays because they have been very good to me so far.....

Congrats on your increase!

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How would I know if it is a hard or soft inquiry?

Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How would I know if it is a hard or soft inquiry?

If you had credit monitoring, it would alert you of a pull.

But I'm pretty sure all customer initiated CLI are hards with Barclay

Message 6 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

DW and I have had two customer requested CLIs and several auto CLI.  Nary a hard inq in the lot

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 8
LynnBushea
New Contributor

Rolen

How lond have you had the card before you requested and increase? 

Starting Score: 478
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.