Established Contributor
compassion101

Barclays--CLI and AA questions

Have new Barclays Rewards card. 5k limit, transferred 3.5k for 0% APR for 15 months

I read alot about CLI after 6 months. What are they looking for?

I have also remember reading about AA/closings after 12 months. Are they sensitive specifically about inquiries (like HP for CLI, cell phone, rental apt, etc) or is it new accounts started? I don't anticipate new accounts in the next year but will need to rent a new place, get a new cell phone contract, maybe take a HP on CLI from Chase, things l;ike that. Anything else I can do to better m chances of a good relationship with them?

Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Re: Barclays--CLI and AA questions

[ Edited ]

compassion101 wrote:

Have new Barclays Rewards card. 5k limit, transferred 3.5k for 0% APR for 15 months

I have also remember reading about AA/closings after 12 months. Are they sensitive specifically about inquiries (like HP for CLI, cell phone, rental apt, etc) or is it new accounts started? I don't anticipate new accounts in the next year but will need to rent a new place, get a new cell phone contract, maybe take a HP on CLI from Chase, things l;ike that. Anything else I can do to better m chances of a good relationship with them?

I don't believe there is any specific timeframe when they might  aa or CLD. In general, the first 6 mos after you get the card is the most sensitive time with them. I don't think the HPs you mentioned would bother them. They're mostly concerned with people getting a lot if new credit. 

Ive gotten a couple of new cards within a month or two of getting Bsrclays and didn't have a problem, but I made sure to keep my reported util really low. 

Mostly, I've made sure the payments are scheduled to be paid a day or two before theyre due, and also be careful not to mess up when the due date is a weekend. They do soft, so be sure your credit is in good shape with other accts, too. I've been very happy with them so far. I opened Apple in November and did a HP CLI last month, since I didn't get an auto CLI. It went fine, and I went from $2200 to $10k. But then my credit has improved a lot since Nov, too.

I think they tendtoget a bad wrap because of a few negstive experiences people have had and posted. Just watch any new  credit for a while and you should be fine.

Misspelling and spacing issues compliments ofautocorrect & iPad! 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Valued Contributor
Crashem

They do seem more sensitive than most issuers to new accounts soon after getting their cards.  However I do think theY do a lot of 0% offers and people tend to max out those limits and then going for new credit makes them nervous.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Mega Contributor
LS2982

compassion101 wrote:

Don't worry too much about that. I opened 4 new accounts and my 6th statement got a CLI. They are concerned about how you treat their card (payment history/usage). Use it alot and pay alot on it and they'll take care of you!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}