Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays CLI question

tag
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays CLI question

Recently I got an auto CLI on my Barclay cc for doble what i used to have 1300 to 2600, exactly 2 years after I opened the account. I then call in and they gave me a reduction on my APR of 1% from 23,99 to 22,99 I believe. I'm not too worried about the APR since I either pay before the statement closes or pay in full, bit is good to know that they are willing to lowe it bit by bit.
Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 31 of 77
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, with a new Barclays account, should I request a CLI, or should I wait for the Auto CLI? I've got three statements so far.

My personal experience with Barclays is:

1. they auto CLI every 6 mos. if your account is good

2. any luv button requests (a) generated a hard pull on TU and (b) were denied

So my advice is to just ignore them; don't ask them for anything; use your accounts but not too much and pay them down.

Some people will tell you to call Barclays occasionally, ask for an interest rate reduction, then after they switch you to an "analyst" see if the analyst raises the possibility of a soft pull CLI and if not you raise the issue. My personal experience with Barclays "analysts" has been that such calls are a waste of time. But that's just my experience.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 32 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Barclaycard Rewards that I got in Jan 2014 with 2k CL then it got bumped up to 3k in July 2014.

So I've been at 3k for a year now. I'm not getting automatic 6 month CLI, If I remember correctly, I had to ask for a CLI in July of last year

Message 33 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should be getting my 7th statement here in a couple of weeks.  No love at 6 months at all.

I called last week and talked tried to ask for an APR reduction and was shot down, and told any CLI would be a hard pull.  I called ten minutes later and asked right off the bat to be transfered to the retention department.  I was (if they say they cannot just keep trying until you get there) and once there I asked again, I got a 4% APR reduction forever and 0% promo until March and a $500 SP CLI to $1500 from my 1k.  Easy, said to call back in 6 months if no auto increase.  Well then, that was totally worth my time!

As a super funny note - I applied for the Barclays Wyndham rewards card later that same day and and was approved for 5k Visa Signature.  What?  You'll give me a new 5k but only $500 more on my existing card?!  First Visa Siggy, I'm happy.

Message 34 of 77
Bpearl2010
Regular Contributor

Thanks for all the useful information on this thread.

I'm 2 weeks into having my Barclay Rewards MC, which start with 1k and i've already put 2.5k through it, but I'm going to keep using it until my last transactions to post to pay in full. At which time, I'll won't use it until I get my first closing statement. I'm hoping with this type of heavy use per month I'll get a possible high CLI.

I'll be calling the retention department right after my 4th statement cuts to ask for a APR reduction, and hope I get a Soft CLI before my 5th statement Auto CLI.

Message 35 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

only annoying this is your payment amount cannot exceed your current balance so you can't over pay to account for pending items you know will post. when i pay i am anal and they have to show $0 idk why.
Message 36 of 77
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

wait it out, they been good to me, i started at 1500 and it grew to 8100 w/ time, all sp, see my post from a few weeks ago 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/barclay-offers-wow/m-p/4092793

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 37 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a barclay Reward Mastercard with a SL of $1500. I don't even really bother with this card....only reason I even got it was for the free credit score LOL. Hopefully i get an auto CLI at 6 months.

Message 38 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a barclay Reward Mastercard with a SL of $1500. I don't even really bother with this card....only reason I even got it was for the free credit score LOL. Hopefully i get an auto CLI at 6 months.

I got it for the credit score also but my score has been the same for the past 3 months. Only gotten 1 score actually bc thats when i opened it.. 

Message 39 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

How often do the offer balance transfers? I'm really having a hard time justifying my AF on our HA account. It's my fault..only card I have app remorse and now hubby's irritated that I want to close it. I wish we could transfer the miles or something.
Message 40 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.