Did you mean: 

Barclays CLI question

tag
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays CLI question

@Anonymous wrote:

Really annoyed with this company.

I've never paid late, always pay in full, had card for over year with no CLI, I asked them about it throught their email service and they informed me that a hard pull would be needed.

They are lucky they give great rewards on paying utilities (only CC I have to does) or else I'd dump them.

They will always say its a HP if you ask CS. Did you try calling them and asking about an APR reduction? If you haven't call them and ask that and only that. If they are able to give you an APR reduction they'll transfer you to an analyst. That analyst can see if you have a SP CLI for your account.

Message 51 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GoldSorata wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've never paid late, always pay in full, had card for over year with no CLI, I asked them about it throught their email service and they informed me that a hard pull would be needed.

They are lucky they give great rewards on paying utilities (only CC I have to does) or else I'd dump them.

They will always say its a HP if you ask CS. Did you try calling them and asking about an APR reduction? If you haven't call them and ask that and only that. If they are able to give you an APR reduction they'll transfer you to an analyst. That analyst can see if you have a SP CLI for your account.

This. I nabbed $7K in SP CLI's out of Barclays doing this. I don't even know what my APR is nor do I care, but I asked for a reduction so I could get to the analyst and get the CLI. It may not definitely work for you, but there's a chance it will.

Also, their analysts are a ton nicer and more knowledgeable than their bonehead frontline CSRs (or even worse, the web support)

Message 52 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@GoldSorata wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This. I nabbed $7K in SP CLI's out of Barclays doing this. I don't even know what my APR is nor do I care, but I asked for a reduction so I could get to the analyst and get the CLI. It may not definitely work for you, but there's a chance it will.

Also, their analysts are a ton nicer and more knowledgeable than their bonehead frontline CSRs (or even worse, the web support)

Agree

Message 53 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

It Worked!!

Followed the advice, called one of the backdoor numbers on this site, got transferred twice. Reduced APR from 19.99% to 18.99% ( I don't care because I never carry a balance and only pay utilities)

I went from 3k to 4.5k, so I'm extremely pleased.

Thanks everyone

I was wondering if there are similar ways of CLI with Freedom, Chase Amazon, and/or BoFa??

Message 54 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

no, no and no lol. but congrats on your CLI. i will ask in about 2 more months for my SM Smiley Happy
Message 55 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Chase and BofA are always HP to my knowledge.
Message 56 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my Rewards card in January at 1K and dutifully used the heck out of it and paid it off every single month. Sometimes twice in a month. I have all my utilities set to go on it, use it heavily for gas, etc. No auto CLI at 3mo, nothing at 6mo.

I called in a couple months ago for an APR reduction and was able to get 0% financing and a SP CLI of... $200. Don't get me wrong, the APR is awesome, but I don't hold a balance on it! I needed more room on the dang card. It's my lowest CL outside of two retail cards.

I can't fake the APR reduction call, but it's seriously annoying that I'm not "worthy" enough. I mean, c'mon, I've raised my scores 50 points across the board from when I applied!

At this point, despite the rewards, I'm seriously thinking about closing and re-applying next year for a CL I can actually use.
Message 57 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

or just app for a sallie mae that's better anyway. a member on here had a low limit card and got only a $500 CLI and apped for new one the next day or something and got approved for $5k
Message 58 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've added quite a few new accounts since January. The last analyst I spoke with in April flat out told me it would be at least 12 months before they'd approve me for anything else with Barclay's. I was just too new of a credit holder. He said all that *after* my credit file looked perfect and I was doing everything they'd consider to be a responsible credit user.
Message 59 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

hello. popping in during my garden period. Has anyone had any success getting the APR lower than the 13.99 when they
called in? The terms are 13.99%, 20.99% or 22.99%,. I have 13.99 so I wonder if this trick of asking for apr reduction  then sp CLI
would even work?

My Arrival APR is 14.99% rite now but i'm not interested in that since i like to PIF each month. 

However I do want a CLI although I've only had 3 statements so far. But i just put 9.5k on it for renovations and still have to pay the other half after it's done so i would like to put it on my Arrival again. First time i put the other half of the 50% deposit on wife's CSP but if i can put the rest on my Arrival, that would be nice. So asking for a CLI after statement cuts and if they dont give me one then i guess i wouldnt be too surprised. 

Wanted to use my amex Gold but the contractor doesnt take amex or else that would be nice MR pts. 

Do you think it increases your odds of a CLI if you call in? instead of requesting it via online

Message 60 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.