Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays CLI question

tag
WLRK11
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclays CLI question

@Anonymous wrote:
I got my Rewards card in January at 1K and dutifully used the heck out of it and paid it off every single month. Sometimes twice in a month. I have all my utilities set to go on it, use it heavily for gas, etc. No auto CLI at 3mo, nothing at 6mo.

I called in a couple months ago for an APR reduction and was able to get 0% financing and a SP CLI of... $200. Don't get me wrong, the APR is awesome, but I don't hold a balance on it! I needed more room on the dang card. It's my lowest CL outside of two retail cards.

I can't fake the APR reduction call, but it's seriously annoying that I'm not "worthy" enough. I mean, c'mon, I've raised my scores 50 points across the board from when I applied!

At this point, despite the rewards, I'm seriously thinking about closing and re-applying next year for a CL I can actually use.

I feel your pain. My TU score improved 70+ points from card opened date to my 1% APR decrease. 1%! :/

Age: 20s | AAoA: 2 yrs | FICO Scores: 700s | Inq: EX: ?, EQ: ?, TR: ? | GARDENING AS OF 06/2014

Message 71 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

@celluloid17 wrote:

I just tried the APR trick and was transferred to a very nice stateside credit analyst.  I didn't imagine I would actually get an APR reduction because I was already at 13.99%, which was the lowest APR available at the time I app'd for the Sallie Mae card in February 2014.  To my surprise, he was able to lower it to 12.99%.  Of course, the real reason for my call was a SP CLI and luckily I was eligible for one of those as well.  After verifying my income (which isn't high for the record), I was approved for a SP increase of $3000, so my new CL is $9300 (from $6300).  All in all, a very successful call, which I would have never thought to attempt if it wasn't for this forum!

wow .. reduced below 13.99. This is the first im hearing of this.

now If I Could find that # ...

Message 72 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy Smokes. 

I just called and got transferred a few times.

Went from 13.99 to 9.99 and a CLI from 6k to 8.5k!

I didn't think this was possible?

She said  (Jasmine) to call back every 4 months or so to check for non published offers.

*WOW*Heart

Message 73 of 77
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Holy Smokes. 

I just called and got transferred a few times.

Went from 13.99 to 9.99 and a CLI from 6k to 8.5k!

I didn't think this was possible?

She said  (Jasmine) to call back every 4 months or so to check for non published offers.

*WOW*Heart

Congrats on a major APR reduction!!!

Thank you for the data point about checking for unpublished offers every 4 months.  I'm going to try for another reduction in December or January.

Smiley Wink

Message 74 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

I waited 6 months to try my luck again, this time I called # on back of card 866 928 8598, they flat out told me I wasn't eligble for APR and a CLI would be a hard pull.

Is there a better number I should have called?

Thanks in advance.

Message 75 of 77
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I waited 6 months to try my luck again, this time I called # on back of card 866 928 8598, they flat out told me I wasn't eligble for APR and a CLI would be a hard pull.

Is there a better number I should have called?

Thanks in advance.

You can try this number   Barclays: 866-205-5973 (credit analyst 24 hours) 

Message 76 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it matter if my APR is 19.24 for cash purchases? Which I believe i saw on this forum is the lowest possible? Thanks

Message 77 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.