Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays CLI request

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays CLI request

Is requesting a CLI online with Barclays a SP like it is with Capital One?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays CLI request

@Anonymous wrote:

Is requesting a CLI online with Barclays a SP like it is with Capital One?

No, it's a HP if done online.  Best bet is to call and ask to see if you're eligible for an APR reduction and then afterwards ask if there are any CLI offers available for you.  If so, it would be an SP

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never mind, found the answer - its a hard pull.

Message 3 of 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Im curious as to why one has to ask for an APR reduction first. Can you not just ask for any SP CLI offers?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyway to get a SP for CLI..? 

Message 5 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:
Im curious as to why one has to ask for an APR reduction first. Can you not just ask for any SP CLI offers?

Gets you to the retention dept.  If you ask for a SP CLI for whatever reason they will say it is a HP if you ask for a APR reduction if you are eligable they transfer you to retention dept. which appears to have alot more power and within the US vs. off-shores.  Just a higher level of CS as I think they are analysts as well.. Just kinda how Barcay's works I guess as the frontline csr's aren't able to provide sp cli's for whatever reason and they will automatically say HP, this gets around it somehow as they are afraid you might be considering closing account, who knows?  This is how I have done multiple cards with them though and it does work usualy if your card is 4-7 months old and your scores/profile support it and there has been a SP account review within the last 30 days done on you.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a good idea to read all the responses before you ask a question.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uhh you don't think I did? Surprising. I was wondering if there was anyway other way to not get an HP when you stated you HAD to go through the phone. Fortunately, someone gave a clear answer to that above. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a good idea to read all the responses before you ask a question.

LOL - I'm really bad about that.... I can't tell you how many times I've posted a reply, only to scroll down and see that I had already replied days or even weeks before...

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.