Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays CLI soft pull YMMV

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays CLI soft pull YMMV

So tried calling barclays for a CLI on my travelocity rewards card which had a $1000 limit. I had a freeze on my TU which they tend to pull, the analyst put me on a hold and she said she is going to pull my credit report, i was waiting for her to come back and ask me about my freeze, but volla she comes back and says i am approved for $4500( i had asked for  $5000). This news made my day. Saved an enquiry and got a much deserved CLI.

Hope this this helps out other members looking for a CLI but not ready for a hard pull.

My TU fico was around 690, and time since this card was open is about 4 months.

EDIT: ALL my 3 credit reports have a freeze. SO its a softpull.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays CLI soft pull YMMV

@Anonymous wrote:

So tried calling barclays for a CLI on my travelocity rewards card which had a $1000 limit. I had a freeze on my TU which they tend to pull, the analyst put me on a hold and she said she is going to pull my credit report, i was waiting for her to come back and ask me about my freeze, but volla she comes back and says i am approved for $4500( i had asked for  $5000). This news made my day. Saved an enquiry and got a much deserved CLI.

Hope this this helps out other members looking for a CLI but not ready for a hard pull.

Congrats !!

Now that makes me wonder if they didnt pull another report?

If no, that means, they can do CLI's with SP's

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good question Smiley Happy

I have a freeze on all my 3 reports. So its definetly a soft pull.

Message 3 of 16
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good question Smiley Happy

I have a freeze on all my 3 reports. So its definetly a soft pull.

Lucky you Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 16
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

They did a 2nd HP on my when I called the day after being approved for a CLI/recon. It was *supposed to* be soft, but they did 2 HP. If you want to guarantee no HP, you need to have your reports frozen. My hunch is if your reports weren't frozen, they'd have HP you. Others here have posted HPs w/Barclay's CLI.

Congrats on the great CLI! Amazing increase after only 4mos!

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 16
CS800
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

They did a 2nd HP on my when I called the day after being approved for a CLI/recon. It was *supposed to* be soft, but they did 2 HP. If you want to guarantee no HP, you need to have your reports frozen. My hunch is if your reports weren't frozen, they'd have HP you. Others here have posted HPs w/Barclay's CLI.

Congrats on the great CLI! Amazing increase after only 4mos!

Bichon, Op was just lucky that his reports were frozen.

But if its done purposefully to avoid a HP, I think it would be on the unethical side.

Message 6 of 16
BlueHaze

@Anonymous wrote:

EDIT: ALL my 3 credit reports have a freeze. SO its a softpull.

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I have heard is that as long as you have a relationship with a creditor they can soft your reports anytime they want and they can hard pull your reports for customer initiated CLI's even with a security freeze on it.  Like I said this is what I heard.  Please anyone else chime in on this.  A creditor can still hard pull even with freezes in place cause you have a relationship with them.  This is what I have heard.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

No thats not true. A hard pull is not possible when you have a freeze on your report.

A good example is my other card from NFCU. I initiated a CLI on that too, but was declined because my equifax report was frozen.

They said the only way to get a CLI was to lift the freeze on my report and hence resulting in a hard pull.

Message 8 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

this is good news! i can stay HP free for the year now!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 16
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Bichon, Op was just lucky that his reports were frozen.

But if its done purposefully to avoid a HP, I think it would be on the unethical side.

@I agree. It is also expensive @ $10 each time! And with Murphy's Law, they'd undoubtedly require a HP. Smiley Frustrated

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.