Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays CLI soft pull YMMV

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclays CLI soft pull YMMV

@BlueHaze wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I have heard is that as long as you have a relationship with a creditor they can soft your reports anytime they want and they can hard pull your reports for customer initiated CLI's even with a security freeze on it.  Like I said this is what I heard.  Please anyone else chime in on this.  A creditor can still hard pull even with freezes in place cause you have a relationship with them.  This is what I have heard.

Yes, your creditors can SP you anytime they want -- credit freeze or no. The thing is that a lot of CCCs require a HP for a CLI, even though they *can* soft you. Personally, I think they want the HP to show up on your CR intentionally. There's no other reason that I can think of for current creditors to require a HP.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 11 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Its not done purposely if youve had all 3 froze for awhile before you initiated CLI request, only if you did it jut to try to avoid HP.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 16
CS800
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Bichon, Op was just lucky that his reports were frozen.

But if its done purposefully to avoid a HP, I think it would be on the unethical side.

@I agree. It is also expensive @ $10 each time! And with Murphy's Law, they'd undoubtedly require a HP. Smiley Frustrated

I know it's a shot in the dark to freeze and unfreeze. It would make sense if I knew i was not going to need anything and freeze for a year. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 16
Elated
Contributor

Stud007, I would love to receive a CLI on my Barclays Juniper CC, but I just don't want to endure a HP to do it. I'm in the middle of obtaining a mortgage right now, so I have to wait another 2 weeks. Even then I don't think I will do it however, I will just wait until they Auto CLI, which I was told they do every 6 mos by a credit analyst. Right now I have a $0 balance, so I guess it really doesn't matter anyway. I just was merely trying to increase my available credit to increase my credit score.

Thanks for the info though!Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 16
whydoineedaname
Regular Contributor

From the experian site pertaining to security freeze:

A security freeze generally does not apply to circumstances in which you have an existing account relationship and a copy of your report is requested by your existing creditor or its agents or affiliates for certain types of account review, collection, fraud control or similar activities.

So you might want to double check your report before you do the happy dance...

Equifax 3/29/2013 - 649, 4/1/2014 - 651, 4/14/2014 - 662, 4/16/2014 - 655
Transunion 3/29/2014 - 648, 4/29/2014 - 650, 5/1/2014 - 653, 6/10/2014 - 662 (barclay/discover), (4/16/2014 - 658 - lender pull)
Experian 4/1/2014 - 653, 4/14/2014 - 669
What in my wallet? Secured Card $550, Barclaycard Reward $3100, Discover IT $1300, Kohl's $400, Navy Federal cashReward $2500, Navy Federal $17800 for a car 2.79% for 72 months.
Message 15 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@whydoineedaname wrote:

From the experian site pertaining to security freeze:

A security freeze generally does not apply to circumstances in which you have an existing account relationship and a copy of your report is requested by your existing creditor or its agents or affiliates for certain types of account review, collection, fraud control or similar activities.

So you might want to double check your report before you do the happy dance...

Thread is two years old.  Hopefully, the cli worked out for the OP

Lexie

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.