Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Re: Barclays CLI soft pull YMMV

BlueHaze wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I have heard is that as long as you have a relationship with a creditor they can soft your reports anytime they want and they can hard pull your reports for customer initiated CLI's even with a security freeze on it.  Like I said this is what I heard.  Please anyone else chime in on this.  A creditor can still hard pull even with freezes in place cause you have a relationship with them.  This is what I have heard.

Yes, your creditors can SP you anytime they want -- credit freeze or no. The thing is that a lot of CCCs require a HP for a CLI, even though they *can* soft you. Personally, I think they want the HP to show up on your CR intentionally. There's no other reason that I can think of for current creditors to require a HP.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Mega Contributor
LS2982

Its not done purposely if youve had all 3 froze for awhile before you initiated CLI request, only if you did it jut to try to avoid HP.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Super Contributor
CS800

bichonmom wrote:

CS800 wrote:

Bichon, Op was just lucky that his reports were frozen.

But if its done purposefully to avoid a HP, I think it would be on the unethical side.

I agree. It is also expensive @ $10 each time! And with Murphy's Law, they'd undoubtedly require a HP. :smileyfrustrated:

I know it's a shot in the dark to freeze and unfreeze. It would make sense if I knew i was not going to need anything and freeze for a year. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Elated

Stud007, I would love to receive a CLI on my Barclays Juniper CC, but I just don't want to endure a HP to do it. I'm in the middle of obtaining a mortgage right now, so I have to wait another 2 weeks. Even then I don't think I will do it however, I will just wait until they Auto CLI, which I was told they do every 6 mos by a credit analyst. Right now I have a $0 balance, so I guess it really doesn't matter anyway. I just was merely trying to increase my available credit to increase my credit score.

Thanks for the info though!:smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
whydoineedaname

From the experian site pertaining to security freeze:

A security freeze generally does not apply to circumstances in which you have an existing account relationship and a copy of your report is requested by your existing creditor or its agents or affiliates for certain types of account review, collection, fraud control or similar activities.

So you might want to double check your report before you do the happy dance...

Equifax 3/29/2013 - 649, 4/1/2014 - 651, 4/14/2014 - 662, 4/16/2014 - 655
Transunion 3/29/2014 - 648, 4/29/2014 - 650, 5/1/2014 - 653, 6/10/2014 - 662 (barclay/discover), (4/16/2014 - 658 - lender pull)
Experian 4/1/2014 - 653, 4/14/2014 - 669
What in my wallet? Secured Card $550, Barclaycard Reward $3100, Discover IT $1300, Kohl's $400, Navy Federal cashReward $2500, Navy Federal $17800 for a car 2.79% for 72 months.
09Lexie

whydoineedaname wrote:

From the experian site pertaining to security freeze:

A security freeze generally does not apply to circumstances in which you have an existing account relationship and a copy of your report is requested by your existing creditor or its agents or affiliates for certain types of account review, collection, fraud control or similar activities.

So you might want to double check your report before you do the happy dance...

Thread is two years old.  Hopefully, the cli worked out for the OP

Lexie

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}