Reply
New Contributor
Posts: 68
Registered: ‎10-22-2010
0

Barclays CLI soft pull YMMV

[ Edited ]

So tried calling barclays for a CLI on my travelocity rewards card which had a $1000 limit. I had a freeze on my TU which they tend to pull, the analyst put me on a hold and she said she is going to pull my credit report, i was waiting for her to come back and ask me about my freeze, but volla she comes back and says i am approved for $4500( i had asked for  $5000). This news made my day. Saved an enquiry and got a much deserved CLI.

 

Hope this this helps out other members looking for a CLI but not ready for a hard pull.

My TU fico was around 690, and time since this card was open is about 4 months.

 

EDIT: ALL my 3 credit reports have a freeze. SO its a softpull.

Super Contributor
Posts: 6,672
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: Barclays CLI soft pull YMMV


stud007 wrote:

So tried calling barclays for a CLI on my travelocity rewards card which had a $1000 limit. I had a freeze on my TU which they tend to pull, the analyst put me on a hold and she said she is going to pull my credit report, i was waiting for her to come back and ask me about my freeze, but volla she comes back and says i am approved for $4500( i had asked for  $5000). This news made my day. Saved an enquiry and got a much deserved CLI.

 

Hope this this helps out other members looking for a CLI but not ready for a hard pull.

My TU fico was around 690, and time since this card was open is about 4 months.


Congrats !!

 

Now that makes me wonder if they didnt pull another report?

 

If no, that means, they can do CLI's with SP's




New Contributor
Posts: 68
Registered: ‎10-22-2010
0

Re: Barclays CLI soft pull YMMV

Good question Smiley Happy

I have a freeze on all my 3 reports. So its definetly a soft pull.

Super Contributor
Posts: 6,672
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: Barclays CLI soft pull YMMV


stud007 wrote:

Good question Smiley Happy

I have a freeze on all my 3 reports. So its definetly a soft pull.


Lucky you Smiley Happy




Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,322
Registered: ‎05-05-2011
0

Re: Barclays CLI soft pull YMMV

[ Edited ]

They did a 2nd HP on my when I called the day after being approved for a CLI/recon. It was *supposed to* be soft, but they did 2 HP. If you want to guarantee no HP, you need to have your reports frozen. My hunch is if your reports weren't frozen, they'd have HP you. Others here have posted HPs w/Barclay's CLI.

 

Congrats on the great CLI! Amazing increase after only 4mos!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Super Contributor
Posts: 6,672
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: Barclays CLI soft pull YMMV


bichonmom wrote:

They did a 2nd HP on my when I called the day after being approved for a CLI/recon. It was *supposed to* be soft, but they did 2 HP. If you want to guarantee no HP, you need to have your reports frozen. My hunch is if your reports weren't frozen, they'd have HP you. Others here have posted HPs w/Barclay's CLI.

 

Congrats on the great CLI! Amazing increase after only 4mos!


Bichon, Op was just lucky that his reports were frozen.

 

But if its done purposefully to avoid a HP, I think it would be on the unethical side.




Member
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎01-21-2012
0

Re: Barclays CLI soft pull YMMV


stud007 wrote:

So tried calling barclays for a CLI on my travelocity rewards card which had a $1000 limit. I had a freeze on my TU which they tend to pull, the analyst put me on a hold and she said she is going to pull my credit report, i was waiting for her to come back and ask me about my freeze, but volla she comes back and says i am approved for $4500( i had asked for  $5000). This news made my day. Saved an enquiry and got a much deserved CLI.

 

Hope this this helps out other members looking for a CLI but not ready for a hard pull.

My TU fico was around 690, and time since this card was open is about 4 months.

 

EDIT: ALL my 3 credit reports have a freeze. SO its a softpull.


Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I have heard is that as long as you have a relationship with a creditor they can soft your reports anytime they want and they can hard pull your reports for customer initiated CLI's even with a security freeze on it.  Like I said this is what I heard.  Please anyone else chime in on this.  A creditor can still hard pull even with freezes in place cause you have a relationship with them.  This is what I have heard.

New Contributor
Posts: 68
Registered: ‎10-22-2010
0

Re: Barclays CLI soft pull YMMV

No thats not true. A hard pull is not possible when you have a freeze on your report.

A good example is my other card from NFCU. I initiated a CLI on that too, but was declined because my equifax report was frozen.

They said the only way to get a CLI was to lift the freeze on my report and hence resulting in a hard pull.

 

Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Barclays CLI soft pull YMMV

this is good news! i can stay HP free for the year now!



Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,322
Registered: ‎05-05-2011
0

Re: Barclays CLI soft pull YMMV


CS800 wrote:


Bichon, Op was just lucky that his reports were frozen.

 

But if its done purposefully to avoid a HP, I think it would be on the unethical side.


I agree. It is also expensive @ $10 each time! And with Murphy's Law, they'd undoubtedly require a HP. Smiley Frustrated

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.