Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays CLI

tag
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

Barclays CLI

i passed ,y 6th statement with no luv increase via soft pull auto. Going on my 7th hoping will maybe get something there. I have read people getting them at like 6 months. I always pif and no Lates with them. What should I do...

Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays CLI

@Jpmack29 wrote:

i passed ,y 6th statement with no luv increase via soft pull auto. Going on my 7th hoping will maybe get something there. I have read people getting them at like 6 months. I always pif and no Lates with them. What should I do...

I don't know if they have a set policy on giving out sp cli ? i have had my card for almost an year and i hven't had any sp cli. Which barclays card do you have?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 10
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Haven't got any auto cli in 15 months on the Rewards card. And I use every month with utilities, cell phone bill, and Ditectv. No worries for me but it doesn't seem like they have a set policy on it.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some tips for CLI with Barclay's from my own experience. Your experience may vary.

Prior to receiving 3k auto CLI with Barclay, I did the following:

Used the card for 40-50 transactions per month

Made large payments, but did not pay in full. Barclay's seemed to like leaving some balance on the card.

Kept a reasonable level of utilization on the card and on all cards

I saw only a $400 auto CLI at 6 months, and I had used the card about 8-10 times per month.

I increased the usage up to 40-50 times a month between months 6 and 12 and received a 3k auto CLI at one minute after midnight when the 12th statement cut.

I can't guarantee it will work for you, but I hope these data points help.

Message 4 of 10
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Some tips for CLI with Barclay's from my own experience. Your experience may vary.

Prior to receiving 3k auto CLI with Barclay, I did the following:

Used the card for 40-50 transactions per month

Made large payments, but did not pay in full. Barclay's seemed to like leaving some balance on the card.

Kept a reasonable level of utilization on the card and on all cards

I saw only a $400 auto CLI at 6 months, and I had used the card about 8-10 times per month.

I increased the usage up to 40-50 times a month between months 6 and 12 and received a 3k auto CLI at one minute after midnight when the 12th statement cut.

I can't guarantee it will work for you, but I hope these data points help.

That's a lot, for me, 40-50 times a month. All my cards combined I don't 40-50.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mitchblue wrote:

That's a lot, for me, 40-50 times a month. All my cards combined I don't 40-50.

Most purchase amounts were actually fairly small, mitch. I ran many everyday purchases through the card including phone bill, gasoline, clothing, groceries, work lunches, auto repairs, snacks, etc.  At least in my situation, using it a lot seemed to help.

I'm sure Barclay's is pretty sad at this time, because I run the majority of purchases through Citi Double Cash and Discover/Apple Pay now! I still give Barclay's some luv 2-3 times a month.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jpmack29 wrote:

Call up and ask to see if there is an APR reduction available for you.  Whether or not you get a reduction then ask to see if there is an SP CLI available for your account.  This is how many people get increases with their Barclay cards.

Message 7 of 10
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I Called Barclays 7pm Monday, inquired about a permanent APR reduction on my Sallie Mae Rewards Platinum Mastercard, and a Soft pull CLI. Was of course informed that they could assist with the CLI request, but it would be a Hard pull (I knew 100% that would be the answer). So I declined, and asked for just the APR reduction. I was then transferred to the group that can handle the APR requests (which is what I wanted):

They reduced my Sallie Mae Platinum card APR by 4%. Asked if SP CLI was available. Yes, for $1500. New credit limit is $5100 with 12.99% APR
Then asked about my Sallie Mae Rewards World card. APR reduced by 4%. SP CLI of $4000. New credit limit $14000 with 9.99% APR (yes, 4% lower than the advertised minimum)
Then asked about my Arrival+. No APR reduction offer. SP CLI of $2000. New credit limit $7000. I applied for this card 6/12/2015.
Then asked about my Priceline card. No offers. However I received both APR reduction and SP CLI increase on 6/12 so it was probably too soon. I haven't had much luck with Priceline, maybe because I never use the card on the Priceline site, but who knows?

So, the 3 SP CLI increases were for approximately +40% each. Sallie Mae is willing to go way below their advertised APR range. And remember the first person you talk to will always say a HP is necessary for a CLI request, politely decline, but remember to reprise the question with the person they transfer you to for the permanent APR reduction.

New total limits with Barclaycard: $30400 for the 4 cards.

I always pay in full before the due date. I used to use the online CLI button and take a HP, but it never worked. Calling is much better once you get past the front line CSRs, and then just ask for what offers are available.

Priceline                     28 months old.          originally $1500 now $4300

Sallie Mae Platinum   24 months old.         originally $1600 now $5100

Sallie Mae World       17 months old.          originally $10000 now $14000

Arrival+                     3.5 months old.          originally $5000 now $7000

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 8 of 10
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

It's the cash rewards card. Yeah I run a good amount through it monthly, so it's discouraging to get get that cli. I tried the apr reduction soft pull they didn't go for it. I've been running mostly now through my Amex and discover it. Was capital one but they haven't budged on me either. Sucks 

Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 9 of 10
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I Called Barclays 7pm Monday, inquired about a permanent APR reduction on my Sallie Mae Rewards Platinum Mastercard, and a Soft pull CLI. Was of course informed that they could assist with the CLI request, but it would be a Hard pull (I knew 100% that would be the answer). So I declined, and asked for just the APR reduction. I was then transferred to the group that can handle the APR requests (which is what I wanted):

They reduced my Sallie Mae Platinum card APR by 4%. Asked if SP CLI was available. Yes, for $1500. New credit limit is $5100 with 12.99% APR
Then asked about my Sallie Mae Rewards World card. APR reduced by 4%. SP CLI of $4000. New credit limit $14000 with 9.99% APR (yes, 4% lower than the advertised minimum)
Then asked about my Arrival+. No APR reduction offer. SP CLI of $2000. New credit limit $7000. I applied for this card 6/12/2015.
Then asked about my Priceline card. No offers. However I received both APR reduction and SP CLI increase on 6/12 so it was probably too soon. I haven't had much luck with Priceline, maybe because I never use the card on the Priceline site, but who knows?

So, the 3 SP CLI increases were for approximately +40% each. Sallie Mae is willing to go way below their advertised APR range. And remember the first person you talk to will always say a HP is necessary for a CLI request, politely decline, but remember to reprise the question with the person they transfer you to for the permanent APR reduction.

New total limits with Barclaycard: $30400 for the 4 cards.

I always pay in full before the due date. I used to use the online CLI button and take a HP, but it never worked. Calling is much better once you get past the front line CSRs, and then just ask for what offers are available.

Priceline                     28 months old.          originally $1500 now $4300

Sallie Mae Platinum   24 months old.         originally $1600 now $5100

Sallie Mae World       17 months old.          originally $10000 now $14000

Arrival+                     3.5 months old.          originally $5000 now $7000

Barclay Reward 22 months......SCL 1500 now 4300 ( Have been getting auto CLI every 6 months, 1500,2400,2800,4300)

Next one is coming up in December(Supposely).....We shall see.

On the flip side my Wally & Amazon store card 30 months old(opened at the same time) not 1 single CLI. tried all methods.Go figure.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.