Did you mean: 

Barclays Cards

tag
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays Cards

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Why do so many people want Barclays cards. What kind of score do you need? How hard is it to go a card by them?

Other than the fact that they are the 7th largest bank in the World?

Some of their cards give the best rewards for certain categories/types of spenders.

Its possible to apply for multiples of the same card. People that apply for sign-up bonuses like that.

If you actually use their cards regularly and your credit limit is rather low, Barclays will give you a limit increase. without having to ask. Without HPing your credit reports.

They, along with Discover, are tolerant of Baddies in the past and lower credit scores. they will give you a chance, and you aren't stuck with the initial low credit limit (see previous point).

If you burned a bunch of creditors in the past,  you probably didn't burn Barclays, since they started by buying the Lehman brothers assets about 10 or so years back. So they are fresh meat...

Or... Just read these "Why Barclays" posts:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Why-Barclays/m-p/1272815/highlight/true#M354201

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Why-Barclays-Card/m-p/1105016/highlight/true#M308446

+1 Nuff said... thanks for the brilliant case for Barclays manwhocan.  Now I want another one!

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 21 of 22
tyhollin
Valued Member

Re: Barclays Cards

I was denied for the barclay rewards about a month ago with these stats:

EQ: 656
TU: 648
EX: 631

The Good:
- Oldest Account 10.5 years (average 5.5)
- 100% on-time payments (124 total payments on 2 student loans, 1 CC (secured $200 CL) 1 Car Loan (paid off but still reporting positive)
- 4% Credit Line Utilization
- 2 Inquiries

The Negative:
- Charge off auto loan in 2008
- T-Mobile Paid Collection from 2009
- Collection for Auto Loan 2008 $14,000

- Chase Judgement 2009 (Satisfied)

The denial letter sent by barclay stated I was denied because I didn't have other similar CC's with similar credit lines. My Flawless payment on a $200 secured credit card apparently wasn't enough.

I have read multiple reviews of people who were approved for the same card with bankruptcies less than 3 years old and credit scores in the very low 600's. Hope this gives you a better idea of their qualifying expectations.
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.