Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays, Chase, Capital One Recon results

tag
cammomsd
New Visitor

Barclays, Chase, Capital One Recon results

Hi- I'll try to be as detailed but brief as possible. This board helped me figured I could pass on info to help someone else. 

So on Saturday I decided to apply for some credit cards to boost my credit I make good money but only only had 2 cc's and a 8mo installment loan on my report so here are the results of my small app spree:

My credit:

Income: 156k

Credit cards: Capital one (formerly hsbc) CL 800 opened 4/09 balance zero, discover cl 1000 balance 330(closed by dc due to a bounced payment back in 2011 someone stole my debit card and I switch checking accts while their payment was processing since it was for almost the whole balance they closed card w/o telling me before I even knew it bounced. I stupidly listened to financial advisor at my bank who suggested not paying it off but making monthly payments to build payment history)

Loans: 1 auto thru bofa opened 1/13 paid half cash for car financed other 30k

No late payments or collections.

1 tax lien for state taxes from 07 (missed a tax bill in the mail under $200 was put on and paid the same month should fall off somewhere between January and march 14)

My scores form equifax credit monitoring were 711 EQ 699 EX 700TU pulled right before apps....

RESULTS:

1st Chase Freedom: Got 7-10 day message called recon they were closed had to call back Monday. Called Monday morning asked a few questions got approved for 2k cl.

2nd Amex blue cash rewards: got 7-10 day message called recon answered a few questions approved right away 2k cl (actually was first approval out of bunch)

3rd B of A cash rewards: got 30 days message called recon number on Monday got asked about why I still had balance with discover being that it was closed.. Approved for 1.5k cl

Barclays nfl: got 7-10 days notice, clicked out and went back to check app status and said denied called recon Monday they said it was denied due to too few accounts asked about discover also and asked  to pull another bureau they pulled TU and wanted to now pull EX I allowed them and they denied me bc of too many inquiries. Bummed about the extra inquiry for nothing not sure if I should recon again

CApital one: got instant denial, called executive office Monday and was told bc I had too few accounts and account not being utilized enough then said too many inquires. So I explained that I am an existing cardholder who tried to get cli and was denied bc my card is a cap one bought from hsbc and they said I couldn't get a cli during the transition. Also you can't get new accounts w/o inquiries and I did apply for 4 cards the same day but only bc the first two were denied and that I'd never have enough accounts if I keep being denied due to not having enough accounts. Lady said she'd forward info to underwriters. I forgot all about it actually and then last night go a call I am approved and with the largest of all the cl's 3500!!!!!

Not sure if I should recon barclays or leave it alone maybe you guys have input. I will do a 3xcli on my amex at 61 days then after that no more for probably a year or so. I have between 3-5 inq's on my reports don't want to cause any harm or risk potential denials.

Strangely b of a sent a letter with my fico score even tho I  am approved so my actual scores on the app dates were 699EQ, 690EX, 701TU although I think those scores were after a few inquiries.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Barclays, Chase, Capital One Recon results

Congratulations on your approvals. Barclays may or may not pull your cr again. You won't know until you try.
Message 2 of 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats!  Go to the garden and nurture your seedlings. I wouldn't let Barclay do another hard pull. I would call them and ask them to reconsider but tell them you don't want another pull. Tell them you would like to include there card in your credit file to build your credit. That any limit to start your relationship with them. That way you can prove yourself to them and your relationship can grow as they grow their trust with you. What ever you do your off to a good start.  Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congarts 

Time to garden now for sure a lot of recons

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 8
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

congrats Smiley Very Happy

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 5 of 8
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

congrats on the approvals! Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 6 of 8
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approvals. TBH, in this case, I would say let Barclays go for now. They are usually good with recons and if they denied twice, and mentioned inquiries, you would risk AA with them by trying to push for an approval. Not to mention risking a third possible inquiry. Let what you just got age and when you are ready, Barclays will come running.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 7 of 8
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Barclays doesn't really like new inqs or new accounts.  This probably should have been your first app.  I would let it go for now.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.