Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Frontier WMC

tag
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Barclays Frontier WMC

After getting approval for my first Barclays card on Sunday 8/24/14 and scoping out their website and list of cards, the Barclays Frontier WMC looks like my next card to get.

I actually think I'd rather have this card than what I got approved for, considering you get 40,000 miles after spending 500 or Balance transferring 500 or more, which equates to 2 round trip tickets on Frontier Airlines.

I guess my question is -- should I wait 6 months or more or could they use the same inquiry from my last approval from 4 days ago?  I had a pre-selected app for the Rewards World MC and was instantly approved for 9500 and it's already reporting.  I'd rather not cold app, but it doesn't look like I have a choice.  Do you think they would PC my card to the Frontier MC with annual fee of $69

When I look at the Barclays Prescreen -- they say I'm pre-selected for the BC World Arrival, or the Rewards, and/or the Ring.

I have 12 inq's already on Transunion and a 766 credit score.  Does anyone else have this card?>

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays Frontier WMC

Smiley LOL

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 2 of 5
Shock
Established Contributor

Only if you fly Frontier alot. Otherwise it aint worth it. Did I mention they charge for a carry on if youre flying Economy? They only waive it for Classic Plus or higher. Also, I don't think the card gives you a free checked bag like others do. Ironically, the website states that it's cheaper to check your bag than to carry it on. What the..

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 3 of 5
HiLine
Blogger

I have this card. Frontier miles are really not too valuable. Frontier flights are usually so cheap that using their miles doesn't benefit you much, except when you book a trip last minute. But I live in Denver, so maybe Frontier flights are just cheap for me.
The card doesn't give you carry on or checked in bags. Maybe it gives you some sort of priority boarding but I'm not so sure since I don't put much value on this kind of benefits.
In most cases you'll be better off using a cash back card that earns 1.5% and use the cash to book Frontier flights than earning miles through their credit card. Definitely canceling the card when the annual fee is due.
If you don't already have the Arrival, I would much recommend this card over the Frontier.
Message 4 of 5
AverageJoe1970
Contributor

I agree. Frontier flights are so cheap that the mileage collected isn't worth much - and worth less, now that the airline has gone downhill.

Wasn't always this way. Lessons learned.
Scores: Exp838 || Tu840 || Equ839
Credit Card Collection: Chase Sapphire Reserve 48K || Chase United 43K || Barclays Apple 39K || AMEX CASH 37K || BOA CASH 35K || Apple 25K || FNB AMEX 20K || Chase Amazon 15K ||
Utilization: >1%
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.