Barclays Highest Limits (Arrival+)

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays Highest Limits (Arrival+)

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

I've pretty much left mine alone with very little activity, aside from the min spend for the Arrival Plus bonus.  One is at $22.5K, and the other is at $17.8K.  

did you end up getting a retention offer?

they wouldn't give one to me so I closed my account earlier this year. I'm probably re-applying sometime next year if I can get the bonus again.

No, I just opened up another for the 40K bonus.  You can actually app for another one and receive the bonus without having to close the initial one.  Obviously, I'm closing them when the fees are due, then rinse & repeat until they decline me.

so you can have 2 arrival plus at the same time? Smiley Surprised

that's interesting. glad to know they are willing to give out the sign-up bonuses again.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 21 of 33
Open123
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

I've pretty much left mine alone with very little activity, aside from the min spend for the Arrival Plus bonus.  One is at $22.5K, and the other is at $17.8K.  

they wouldn't give one to me so I closed my account earlier this year. I'm probably re-applying sometime next year if I can get the bonus again.

No, I just opened up another for the 40K bonus.  You can actually app for another one and receive the bonus without having to close the initial one.  Obviously, I'm closing them when the fees are due, then rinse & repeat until they decline me.

that's interesting. glad to know they are willing to give out the sign-up bonuses again.

Yes, you most assuredly can, and will receive another 40K bonus.  I have a couple of friends who also have 2 of them simultaneously.  Initially, I didn't think it was possible, until my friend pulled it off.

It was an auto approval, and didn't even require a recon.  

Message 22 of 33
enharu
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Yes, you most assuredly can, and will receive another 40K bonus.  I have a couple of friends who also have 2 of them simultaneously.  Initially, I didn't think it was possible, until my friend pulled it off.

thanks a lot for the info!

i'm even more tempted to apply now but I'll need to wait till next year.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 23 of 33
Open123
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Speculation on my part, but prudence with Barclays dicates an app with them once every 90 or 180 days.  6 months is more conservative, but I've also been successful at 90 days.  When using that time frame, I've been approved for 2 Arrival+s and 3 US Airways cards.

Message 24 of 33
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Speculation on my part, but prudence with Barclays dicates an app with them once every 90 or 180 days.  6 months is more conservative, but I've also been successful at 90 days.  When using that time frame, I've been approved for 2 Arrival+s and 3 US Airways cards.

lol. mind blown

about to do this

I have another two months before I do a CLI on my [first] Arrival+

but I can get a second Arrival+ now, oh man. free $400 flight please k thanks. I already spend enough for this bonus without overleveraging and with the nationwide Christmas festivities upcoming....

Message 25 of 33
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@gen-specific wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

lol. mind blown

about to do this

I have another two months before I do a CLI on my [first] Arrival+

but I can get a second Arrival+ now, oh man. free $400 flight please k thanks. I already spend enough for this bonus without overleveraging and with the nationwide Christmas festivities upcoming....

yeah, this didn't work for me

I got in the mail "that I have the maximum of this product" lol

only 1 Arrival+ for me!

Message 26 of 33
mrsno
Valued Member

Barclays seems pretty conservative, but over the past year since I got my Arrival I've gotten two CLIs.'

8/15 Requested CLI $6,000

2/15 Auto CLI $4,500

8/14 SL $3,000

Rebuilding since 2020 from the low 500s

Wallet

Sock Drawer

Chopped
Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

I heard Barclays almost never gives retention offers (its not like amex).

Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

I hear as long as its 2 years apart..

EDIT: oh oops this wasnt for Barclays. I was thinking of the 2 free night signup bonus for Hyatt.

Message 29 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Note the thread is old, and things might well have changed

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.