cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays - I could not be more mad...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays - I could not be more mad...

Apple Financing Visa

and they just gave me CLI from 1700 to 3500 so i know I am using the card right

Message 11 of 37
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Andy77 wrote:

Apple Financing Visa

and they just gave me CLI from 1700 to 3500 so i know I am using the card right

My recent payment of $9k to NFCU cash rewards card was put on hold. I'm not surprized Smiley Wink

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 37
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I don't have a Barclay's but I just had to call walmart about the same thing. I have barely had the card a month and made two payments. The second payment posted a few days ago but it is not showing in my available credit. I called to ask why and the csr said it would be 4 more day because the account is new and is not really set up to take multiple payments a month. Even though it has cleared and posted my bank and wal-mart, it is not available. The rep told me to only make one payment a month. I'm only talking a 54.00 payment here!

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 13 of 37
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I would call up and ask them to release it.

While i dont have a card witg barclays, i just got my first payment put on hold with cap1 and I called to see what was up and they released it for me on the phone call
Message 14 of 37
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

seems like a lot of money to be running through the card and not recieveing any rewards. I only used the card for its intended purpose. zero percent. Im sure you could qualify for better cards.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 37
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Barclays wont give me another card now.  I included them in my BK from 2009, they took a loss on 6300

They were, however, quite nice with my first CLI ...from 1700 to 3500..a great CLI in my book

I just hope they don't hold the next payment, too!!!!

Message 16 of 37
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I am making an 800 payment on Sunday...lets hope this is not put on hold, too.

Message 17 of 37
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

Push the payment with your bank's bill pay instead of pulling it from the Barclay site - I bet they don't hold it. How old is the account?
Message 18 of 37
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I wrote the CEO Lloyd Wirshba and asked him if he could help me out and get the payment hold removed.

I also said this....if he could help me get approved for another card with them with a 1500 limit, I listed the application ID in the email ,

I would send a check for the liability of the account I had to include in my BK to Barclays (roughly 6300)

I am sure none of this will do any good, but I thought, why not try

Message 19 of 37
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

so you've already burnt barclays for 6300, and now you're carrying a balance of roughly 3500 on their card (your limit) and paying it down and then maxing it back off.  i honestly don't blame them for holding your payment if this is all true

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.