cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays - I could not be more mad...

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclays - I could not be more mad...

@Andy77 wrote:

What does balance chase mean?  

It means everytime you make payments to bring down your maxxed card, they lower your CL to the current balance until it is PIF. Creditors do this when they dont trust you anymore making charges on the account.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 31 of 37
Andy77
Valued Contributor

No they have not done this.  I PIF last month (1700)

This month they did CLI to 3500 and I paid 2650 from 9/4 to today and add to that the  900.00 payment I will make Sunday, making my payments for this month alone 50.00 dollars over my entire CL

I think they can trust me

Message 32 of 37
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I think it is great that you are willing to pay off what you owe, but I do not believe it will help you get another card. If they just gave you an increase, they probably are not comfortable with you having any more credit with them. Maybe in six months or a year they will feel better about giving you more credit.

Message 33 of 37
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I don't think that's necessarily true. My Apple Visa got a CLI in June, tapped for MC approved 5k and closed Visa and transferred the CL to MC. Barclays can be trustworthy if you have solid history with them.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 34 of 37
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
I don't think that's necessarily true. My Apple Visa got a CLI in June, tapped for MC approved 5k and closed Visa and transferred the CL to MC. Barclays can be trustworthy if you have solid history with them.

Interesting and nice to know. I was just throwing an idea out there though. This person said they included Baryclays in their bankruptcy, so I can understand them being apprehensive.

Message 35 of 37
mmmagique
Regular Contributor

Amazon GEMB did this to me also when I made a second payment in a month's time. They told me they could do this whenever they want (as it's in my agreement) whenever I make more than one payment per month. They also balance chased me down to a $100. CL when I complained. 

I had actually pushed the payment through from my bank. They said they could hold it for 21 BUSINESS DAYS. They said the only way to release it was to have my bank fax over something that said the payment was good. (which was bs because as I said, it was PUSHED from Chase bank.) 

I'll keep buying stuff from Amazon, but GEMB is going to have to work hard to get my business again. (the people I spoke with were rude) 

In the garden until May 2022!!
Message 36 of 37
traveler2005
Established Contributor

I had the same issue with barclays apple visa in the first few months, every time I would make a payment they would place a hold, I never paid late, never had a payment returned, never went over my balance, sometimes carried a balance. I called and spoke to a rep, she told me that this action was random, I told her that having this done 5 or 6 months in a row wasn't random, since my conversation with her reminding her that I was a good customer, I have not had a hold placed on my payment since then.

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.