Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Juniper Card PC?

tag
krielly
Established Contributor

Barclays Juniper Card PC?

Back in 2005 we filed Chap 13 due to my husbands business failure. Fast forward to today, I have excellent credit scores fluxuating around the 800 mark across the board.

Juniper was one of the first cards a few years ago to give me a chance. $75 AF at the time, but a sweet 7.9% rate that has never gone up since.

I have since obtained better cards with no AFs. Higher rates, however I don't carry balances on anything currently with the exception of my Discover It card, which is down to approx $600 but has been 0% apr for my first year. I will pay it off in full next payment, and prob start rotating card usage to let one report a balance each month, and then PIF.

Anyhow, back to my question. I think the AF is up to $90 now. I just am having a hard time canceling this card, as it is one of my oldest, and my current AAA is only about 2yrs, 6 mos. I sent a secured message on the Barclay's site about PCing the card to a no AF card, and this was the response:

"At this time, our current policy prevents us from downgrading or replacing your Juniper Credit Card. New federal regulations place certain restrictions on product changes and we are currently working hard towards meeting these requirements. We regret to inform you we are not able to process your request, however, you are more than welcome to apply for the Barclaycard Arrival World Elite MasterCard online or over the phone with one of our representatives "

Sounds like BS to me (blaming federal regulations).......any alternate suggestions for attempting to PC this card???

Thanks everyone!

K

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
krielly
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays Juniper Card PC?

I should also add that this is my second highest limit CC which just auto CLI'd to $8400...sigh.......

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they're not willing to product change, try asking for a fee waiver.
Message 3 of 10
krielly
Established Contributor

I hadn't thought of that....thanks for the suggestion Justjewel

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem!
Message 5 of 10
noobody
Established Contributor

Ask them which particular federal regulation prevent them from removing annual fee, that's total BS.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 6 of 10
krielly
Established Contributor

They are stating that the federal regulations prevent them from PC'ing......Yep, I definitely call "BS" on that!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked them if they could transfer the CL from my Juniper to my NFL card and got similar gibberish.

Message 8 of 10
krielly
Established Contributor

I tried a different approach today. I sent a private message via the BarclayUS Facebook page.

I received a response asking for the phone number associated with my account (and reminding me not to provide any account info in my message).

I got a call from a rep who was very pleasant. She still advised me that my card wasn't "currently eligible for a product change "at this time", but none of the federal regulation mumbo jumbo.

She offered to refund me the annual fee I paid in August as a $79 credit to my account. She said if I don't use the credit in 3 mos, Barclay's will issue me a check. Better than nothing, I suppose. She also offered me a 0% interest rate on purchase between now and Dec 1. I declined, politely of course, hoping maybe I would get a better offer, but did not.

She did advise me to "check periodically to see if my account becomes eligible for a PC". sigh....... Oh well, at least I am getting refunded the annual fee I paid in Aug 14. She also suggested calling just before it becomes due for 2015 to see what is available.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully in the future they allow you to PC to something different, but of course the statement credit is better than nothing! Congrats on the partial win.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.