Do they only pull TU?

What is a minimum score needed?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclays L.L.Bean requirements questions

They almost always pull TU. Not sure of min score. I don't know that they have one. I'd say you should be in the high 600s, but also be sure it's FICO and not a FAKO you're looking at. They don't like a lot of recent inq or new CCs, so it's not just your score they're looking at.
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My last inquiry was september newest cc about 6,months old. Do you think that is safe, or should I err on the side of caution and bump the inq and let the other cc age a bit more first?
Message 3 of 8
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Sept was 5 mos ago, so you should be fine for inq., if you only have those 2. They do look at other things, like util, number of recent accts, current CLs, etc. if you're denied, you can always recon. They're pretty good on recons.
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@bichonmom wrote:
Sept was 5 mos ago, so you should be fine for inq., if you only have those 2. They do look at other things, like util, number of recent accts, current CLs, etc. if you're denied, you can always recon. They're pretty good on recons.

+1.   They are very good with recons, either if you are denied or if you are given a lower credit than you need for your purchase.   I agree that you should be good to apply and if needed, recon.  

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 8
jrodzmc09
Contributor

Ive been looking into possibly getting some new Apple products, so it be pretty easy to assume I will be applying for the Barclays card. But I'm curious to know what else would possibly affect my chances. I do have a closed foreclosure that was back in 2007 with Chase Mortgage set to be removed by 02/2014. and 3 paid off charge offs (currently being disputed for first time) 1 paid collection all due to remove mid 2016 if dispute fails. 1 old inquiry w/ credit score of 633. Im quite sure I would get approve now, but if those disputes get deleted how would Barclay do with my foreclosures? I read they are big on apps, not a big apps guy so not worried.
USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 6 of 8
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Barclay's is a good lender to get in with, that being said more than likely the online application will either deny you or will need further review. You'll need to call the recon line to speak to a credit analyst. They'll ask u some questions about job/income and be prepared to explain each and every one of those derogatorys. They are really good about approving on recon as long as you have acceptable answers to their questions but its pretty painless and easy. IMO you stand a decent chance on RECON. good luck

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 8
jrodzmc09
Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:
Barclay's is a good lender to get in with, that being said more than likely the online application will either deny you or will need further review. You'll need to call the recon line to speak to a credit analyst. They'll ask u some questions about job/income and be prepared to explain each and every one of those derogatorys. They are really good about approving on recon as long as you have acceptable answers to their questions but its pretty painless and easy. IMO you stand a decent chance on RECON. good luck

Correction.. lol. Meant to say I do not think I would get approved now. Anyways well I will definitely give it a shot once my disputes come back from the Big 3.

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.