Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Luv Button...instant?

tag
IWOL
Established Contributor

Barclays Luv Button...instant?

I just hit the luv button on my Arrival+, requested an increase to 10K from $5k.

Balance on my card is 0 and 7th statemnt just cut yesterday. I have basically maxed the card every month and PIF since I got it. Was hoping for an auto CL but no such luck.

It gave me a message that a decision would be made in 48 hours and that I would recieve a letter.

Wondering if anyone has received an isntant decision when using the luv button or is it always the 48 hour message?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays Luv Button...instant?

@IWOL wrote:

I just hit the luv button on my Arrival+, requested an increase to 10K from $5k.

Balance on my card is 0 and 7th statemnt just cut yesterday. I have basically maxed the card every month and PIF since I got it. Was hoping for an auto CL but no such luck.

It gave me a message that a decision would be made in 48 hours and that I would recieve a letter.

Wondering if anyone has received an isntant decision when using the luv button or is it always the 48 hour message?

I requested from 1k to 5k recently, got a call the next day saying they could "partially" approve my increase, up to 3.5k. 

Message 2 of 9
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclays Luv Button...instant?

@IWOL wrote:

They will call you. That's what happened to me 3 times.

MyFICO Scores : EQ = 791 , TU = 794, EX = 774 as of 06/16
Current CARDS : Boa working assets $33k| | QuickSilver $6650 | BillMeLater $5000 | FNBO AMEX $20K | ChoiceHotel BarclayCard $7500K |barclay ring card $15k| Macys AMEX $20k| AMEX Gold Premier | AMEX Blue Cash $13.2k | | Chase Marriott $20k | CSP $14,200| CAP1 Spark Miles $28k | AMEX Business Gold Premier| citi Hilton hhonors $12k| citi AAdvantage $10,500 | Chase Ink Plus $27k | BoA Alaska signature personal $17k | BoA Alaska business $27k | AMEX SPG $11,800 | JPM Ritz Carlton $29.9k
Message 3 of 9
IWOL
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays Luv Button...instant? UPDATE

Thanks for the replies. They actually just called me to tell me my CLI request was approvedSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

Thanks for the replies. They actually just called me to tell me my CLI request was approvedSmiley Happy

Congrats!

Message 5 of 9
Shock
Established Contributor

so barclays is never an instant approval? and are they always HP's as the verbatim states?

[To request a credit line increase, please complete this form and click ‘Continue'. This authorizes us to obtain a current credit report to review your credit information, employment history and any other information necessary to process this application. By obtaining your credit report in this way an inquiry will appear on your credit report which will be available by other creditors. This inquiry may have an impact on your credit score.]

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 6 of 9
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

Current CARDS : Boa working assets $33k| | QuickSilver $6650 | BillMeLater $5000 | FNBO AMEX $20K | ChoiceHotel BarclayCard $7500K |barclay ring card $15k| Macys AMEX $20k| AMEX Gold Premier | AMEX Blue Cash $13.2k | | Chase Marriott $20k | CSP $14,200| CAP1 Spark Miles $28k | AMEX Business Gold Premier| citi Hilton hhonors $12k| citi AAdvantage $10,500 | Chase Ink Plus $27k | BoA Alaska signature personal $17k | BoA Alaska business $27k | AMEX SPG $11,800 | JPM Ritz Carlton $29.9k
Message 7 of 9
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

@Shock wrote:

so barclays is never an instant approval? and are they always HP's as the verbatim states?

[To request a credit line increase, please complete this form and click ‘Continue'. This authorizes us to obtain a current credit report to review your credit information, employment history and any other information necessary to process this application. By obtaining your credit report in this way an inquiry will appear on your credit report which will be available by other creditors. This inquiry may have an impact on your credit score.]

Always a HP if YOU request it.

Message 8 of 9
Shock
Established Contributor

@plastic_man wrote:

@Shock wrote:

Always a HP if YOU request it.

I figured so....that sucks.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.