Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays MC instant approval

tag
sc2761
Contributor

Barclays MC instant approval

Hi all,

I was instantly approved for Barclays Rewards MC for $4500 line and the wife for a $1500 line.  Our other cards are Cap One with $2500 lines and HSBC rewards MC with $300 lines.  The cards were approved this past friday 4/13/12.  My question is whether we should call backdoor credit analyst line and ask for higher limits or not?  If we should, is there anything in specific we should say as to why we want higher lines than the instant approvals were for?  I'm thinking my $4500 line is good, but want to possibly ask for higher line for my wife.  Any suggestions/feedback are greatly appreciated!!!  Thank you for any responses!

Opened 12/2010 Quicksilver MC now $10000; Opened 04/2012: Barclays Rewards MC now $15000; Opened 12/2013: Logix Platinum Rewards MC now $15000; Opened 12/2013: DCU Platinum Visa now $3000; Opened 03/2015: Cap One Venture Rewards Visa now $16000; Opened 03/2015: Chase Freedom Visa now $2000; Opened 03/2015: Safe CU Platinum Rewards Visa now $1500.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays MC instant approval

You can always call the credit analyst number listed in the backdoor number sticky. Its worth a shot as they should use the app CR. I would verify that they are not going to perform another hard pull before committing to the recon. It is much like an interview for a job...they ask you alot of questions about UTL, INQ, any baddies and reasons why for higher line request. 

On one note I have noticed on the boards most have the Apple or iTunes Barclays. The reward cards are a whole different monster. I have had alot more difficulty going for a higher CLI simply due to the fact with the above mentioned cards most recons are based on a "I am buying a ......." where the rewards is just well...we want a higher CLI!

Its worth a shot just like I said tell your wife to prepare for the interview and just be honest and you might get what you are looking for.

Good Luck

Message 2 of 5
ccnewb23
Contributor

I called in when I got my approval and it resulted in another HP. Make sure you ask the rep whether it's going to take another HP or SP. My app approval and request for CLI was less than 1 day apart from each other.

AmEx Green NPSL | Barclays Rewards MC $4,200 | BofA 1-2-3 Visa $1,500 | Phillips Conoco 76 Gas Card $600 | AmEx BCE $25k | Discover IT $1,000
Message 3 of 5
WRodPSL
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

You can always call the credit analyst number listed in the backdoor number sticky. Its worth a shot as they should use the app CR. I would verify that they are not going to perform another hard pull before committing to the recon. It is much like an interview for a job...they ask you alot of questions about UTL, INQ, any baddies and reasons why for higher line request. 

On one note I have noticed on the boards most have the Apple or iTunes Barclays. The reward cards are a whole different monster. I have had alot more difficulty going for a higher CLI simply due to the fact with the above mentioned cards most recons are based on a "I am buying a ......." where the rewards is just well...we want a higher CLI!

Its worth a shot just like I said tell your wife to prepare for the interview and just be honest and you might get what you are looking for.

Good Luck

+1  I called the backdoor number after approval and they raised credit limit. They did ask why though and I gave them a good reason (charging a vacation on Travelocity's card)

Message 4 of 5
sc2761
Contributor

I have decided just to leave it alone.  I was surprised in the first place with the instant approvals with pretty decent lines less than 2 years from bk discharge.  I will just use them and leave small balance of less than 9% each month and see if they give auto increase within 6 months.  I will use the other 2 cards and PIF each month with nothing reporting and only let the Barclays card report the 9% or less.  I believe that is the way to do it by reading these forums.  If different, could someone please let me know. 

We are not in big hurry to rebuild since we kept our main home (ridethrough) after the BK, but we would love to have better scores and reports if we want to take out any loans (auto, refi of the house later) for example.  At this point we only have the 3 cards each.  Unfortunately, our other home foreclosed just in 12/2011 so we will have to wait 3 years from then even though the BK d/c on 7/7/10. 

Opened 12/2010 Quicksilver MC now $10000; Opened 04/2012: Barclays Rewards MC now $15000; Opened 12/2013: Logix Platinum Rewards MC now $15000; Opened 12/2013: DCU Platinum Visa now $3000; Opened 03/2015: Cap One Venture Rewards Visa now $16000; Opened 03/2015: Chase Freedom Visa now $2000; Opened 03/2015: Safe CU Platinum Rewards Visa now $1500.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.